Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

Will you be including a boquet and garter toss?

Hailey, on May 22, 2022 at 16:36 Posted in Wedding reception 0 41

The Garter toss now aways is like the boquet toss but for the gentlemen. While the groom takes the garter off the brides leg all the gents stand up and catch the garter that's thrown by the groom! Supposedly whoever catches it is next to get married!

Boquet toas originated in ancient England. And also was a symbol for good luck and fortune. Again like the garter toss whoever catch the bride's Boquet will be the next one to get married!
Will you be including the garter toss and Boquet toss? We will be having both of them for our wedding! My garter is blue to also act as my something blue too!

41 Comments

Latest activity by Yami, on June 14, 2022 at 16:25
  • Yami
    Frequent user October 2022 Ontario
    Yami ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re not doing it and will replace that part of the program with a shoe game instead!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you do it and someone doesn't want to do it hopefully no one will make a big deal out of it. I was at a wedding and single, didn't want to do it (being single can be awkward enough) and was physically pulled up to be part of it....really can't remember ever being so angry at a wedding. Still mskes angry when I think about it....over 10 years later. We did not do either.
  • C
    Frequent user September 2022 Saskatchewan
    Cc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We questioned that also because everyone coming to our wedding is married pretty much. We were recommended to give it to the couple that's been married the longest. I have decided but it was a recommendation given to me by our DJ actually.
  • Alexis
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very non traditional and doing neither at our wedding ❤️
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As much as i hate garter tosses i love a boquet toss so we will be partaking

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is sweet! I like that idea Smiley smile haha right?

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oohhhhh I love that! super cool

• Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a nice idea! My parents are married 50 years this year, I’ll have to find out if anyone attending has been married longer
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was on the fence about doing the bouquet toss but this totally answers the question! Pretty much everyone attending is married already so no point Smiley smile
  • Stephanie
    Frequent user August 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most of my guests are engaged or married, only 2-4 guests are single so it seems a little silly to do a bouquet toss. We have mostly family attending. Instead of the traditional bouquet toss, we are going to give the bouquet to the couple that have been married the longest. This is in place as a kind gesture of congratulations. As for the garter toss, we can do that after the wedding behind closed doors. I just can’t imagine doing a garter toss in front of my family. Ahhh.
  • Lizzy
    Beginner August 2022 Ontario
    Lizzy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’ve never been a fan of the garter toss. Since we’re having a bit of a football theme for our reception, we’ll be doing a football toss instead!

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are beautiful! Great idea 💡
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are fun. Might only do the bouquet toss. We’ll see… I wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t do either of them 😅
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Might won't even go for the Garter, we will just do the bouquet and maybe the shoe questionnaire for a little laugh.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's definitely a fun idea to do!!!
    I don't think my fiancé will be doing a little strip tease but probably just go for it for the garter LOL
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww haha that's awesome!! Yeah same with my fiancé and why not right?? Haha
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be doing both - originally I had thought no for the garter toss but my fiancé surprised me and said he would love to do that so we’re doing it lol
  • KELLY
    Super October 2023 Ontario
    KELLY ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

While we are going more traditional those are two traditions we are leaving out....

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Every wedding I went to they did a little strip tease jacket off, thumbs in the suspenders shake a butt cheek here and there. But he was like I got on my knee for you once and I am not doing it again for a garter. Smiley xd So I'm thinking of fun ideas that we can do to replace the garter toss, maybe a garter canon like the tshirt canons they do at games? Something fun, but no restrictions on who can catch it. 2 years ago I went to my cousins wedding and I caught the bouquet and then it was time for the garter and no one went except for me and 2 other guys, I won both and now my turn. It's fun when anyone can catch it, especially now that it's 2022.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha I thought so! Haha oh yeah that's fair
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw nice!!! Haha oh my goodness LOL 😆 that made my whole day reading your message!!! I love it haha. My dress has a slit so it's not hard to go up my dress and how our relationship is it'll be funny and fun to do haha... I think LOL 🤣

Are they suppose to do a sexy dance ? Lol not sure he knows that
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a bouquet toss for anyone to join in, male female, single not engaged yet, since my groom does not want to do a sexy dance for me. Am I marrying the right man if he's not willing to do a sexy dance and crawl up my leg? Might have to rethink this Smiley tongue lol JK I love him.

• Katie
    Frequent user June 2023 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea that would be great! I’d be down for it but I know my fiancé would be uncomfortable haha
  • Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If there's alot of guests not married it definitely could be fun to include them!!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh yeah that makes sense! A lot of our guests aren't married so it works 🙂
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Truee!! I thought about doing the bouquet toss but I looked at our guest list and there was only like 3 people who could participate so we skipped it!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that's very true!!! I'm still on the fence about both of them but who knows lol I think it will be funny to do the garter plus my dress has a slit so he's not really going up my dress LOL
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very interesting I thought! But he also hasn't done any weddings in the last 2 years and I think that's when they have started to lose popularity!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gotcha!! They are beautiful 😍
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I thought so too, but I also thought it would be funny and our relationship is very humorous like that.
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That makes sense, I thought it would be a fun thing to do both because why not haha 😆

That sounds lovely!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yeah! Nice haha wow that's so interesting

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics