Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who's Who? - Who will walk with you down the aisle?

Joey, on July 30, 2018 at 09:17 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 28

In the Who's Who? game we are getting to know a bit more about the most important people involved in your wedding Smiley heart

Will you be walking with anyone up to your ceremony? If so, who will that be?

Who's Who? - Who will walk with you down the aisle? 1

Photo by Sean LeBlanc Photography in Calgary

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who is in your wedding party?

28 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on August 22, 2018 at 17:44
  • Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My bio dad will be walking me down the aisle. I thought about having my stepdad do it because him and I are closer. But I ultimately decided that this will be a special moment for my bio dad, and it'll mean a lot to him. My stepdad has a bio daughter whom I assume will have him when she gets married.

• Sharlene
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Sharlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Dad and my son.

• K
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom most likely. My dad passed away a few years ago and I always envisioned him being the one to walk me down the aisle so.now having a hard time making the final decision. It's either my mom, my 2 sons, or nobody lol
  • Meagan
    Frequent user October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Meagan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Father and I aren't very close, so I'm asking my Mother to walk me down the aisle. However it just feels wrong to have him sitting there so I'll undoubtedly end up with having them both walk me.

• Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad Smiley smile I can’t wait!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hopefully my Dad, if not then my Mom...

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad will walk me down the aisle - I tried to protest as I am too much of a feminist to be "given away" but my dad is being so supportive that he is going to walk me aisle, as long as there are no handshakes or any "exchanging of property" - wedding ceremonies are soo misogynistic.

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad & hopefully my stepdad if he can make it.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad, I have always been super close with him so it wasn't even a question.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mom will walk me down the aisle. For the longest time, it was just the two of us... it would be only fitting!
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Myself Smiley smile dad's not in the picture and i could ask my mom but she hasn't been apart of the wedding really and it's just better if I go myself. It's not the act of her handing me off anymore.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both my parents walked me down. I'm so glad I stuck to my guns on that one.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad for sure. No question about it.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My uncle is walking me down. Its my moms brother. And when my mom was dying (I was 1.5 years old), he told my mom he would always take care of me. And him and my aunt have done just that. Couldnt imagine my day without the 2 of them.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It will be my dad. I’m such a daddy’s girl, so it wasn’t really a choice. It was just going to happen.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dad ❤️ and maybe our baby we haven't decided that yet. I think it will be a day if decision. If baby is cranky than no, if not then yes!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mum walked me down the aisle.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just my dad Smiley heart

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My situation for this is touchy. My parents divorced when I was 6. My mom ended it, and she remarried less than 2 years later. The man my mom married has been an amazing father figure for me since I was 7/8 years old... It took me less than a month to start calling him dad, and he's been "dad" ever since.

However, my parents stayed very civil after the divorce for my sister and I, so we still did the every other weekend/Wednesday night dinners with my dad. I reconnected more with my bio-dad when I was 17, I moved in with him for the summer to help take care of my grandma. Ever since, we've actually worked together, and are very close.

Now that it's time for the wedding, I'm trying to think of the best way to incorporate both dads, without upsetting my bio-dad (who's always had a bit of heart-ache knowing his daughters call someone else dad too).

I think what I will do is: have my dad walk me into the room (the chairs will only fill the front half of a long, narrow room), then have my step-dad be sitting in the aisle seat on the back row, have him stand up and join us there (like joining me later in life), and then both walk me down the main aisle. Then my bio-dad can give me away.

Now I just have to find a way to tell my bio-dad.... Eek.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad! for sure, my mom would like to however the isle is very small due to the church size

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Either just my dad or my dad and my mom. She'll either walk with me, or the help the flower girl and ring bearer down the aisle (my niece and nephew, their mom is in the wedding party too).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dad walked me down the aisle.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Both of my parents will be walking me down the aisle.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH is adamant about this tradition and wants my dad to walk me down the aisle.

I’ve got a great relationship with my dad but I’d rather we buck tradition and my FH and I walk down the aisle together or better yet stand at the front and let people come and sit around us (we’re seating guests in a circle around us).

I’ll probably give in to my FH, bc I know it means a lot to him, but ah well.
  • S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Dad will walk me down the aisle. Considering having my Mom walk with us too.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both walked down the aisle:

Husband and his aunt

My mom and I
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I decided to go the traditional and have my dad walk me down the aisle. My other option would have been to have both of my parents do it. I know it's important for my father, so I wouldn't have asked anyone else.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm thinking I want my dad too but nowadays both parents do that and I wouldn't want to not include my mom as she was the one that was home with me and my sister growing up so I think both of my parents will. Plus they have been together for like 30 years now so there's a bit of good luck in that!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics