Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who's Who? - Who is performing your ceremony?

Joey, on July 30, 2018 at 09:16 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 20

In the Who's Who? game we are getting to know a bit more about the most important people involved in your wedding Smiley heart

Who is the officiant who will be performing your wedding ceremony? How did you find them?

Who's Who? - Who is performing your ceremony? 1

Photo by PhotoMarc Studio in Montreal

>>Click here to go to the next question, Who are your witnesses?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on August 8, 2018 at 00:24
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting married in the same church that my parents got married in and my grandfather was a minister there years ago! We didn’t know the current minister but we knew we wanted that church and once we met with her we knew it was a perfect fit for us!
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

An officiant named Billy Ditchburn. He emailed me from a wedding show and my fiancé really liked him. We met to go over our ceremony vision and he is great!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't know who our officiant will be yet. They are provided by our wedding venue and as long as they do not make it a traditional ceremony we are okay with anyone!

• Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose someone on the list of recommended vendors with our Venue. Read nothing but great reviews on this website.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I posted on in a facebook group that we were searching for a non religious JP. I met with her in person and she was perfect.

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A pastor that my family has known since I was little. I am not a religious person, but he helped my mom a lot when her and my dad separated (when I was little). He helped my
    mom get a car, and helped her make sure I had presents at birthday and Christmas time.
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our officiant's name is Aileen. We found her through a google search. Went on her website and read some testimonies and decided she was the perfect one to marry us!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We still haven't decided this! We're in the middle of deciding this one.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our commissioner’s name is Julie. I found her as a recommended vendor from our ceremony location
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Janna Tetler. She was HIGHLY recommended by so many people I had talk to as well as the number one recommended on the wedding Facebook groups I'm apart of. She is fun, and creative and lets us design the ceremony. Plus she is a short, sweet and to the point kind of officiant, which we love because we don't want a long and crazy ceremony.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A lovely lady named Angela performed our ceremony. I found the company she works for through WeddingWire.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Her name is Cathy Davis, she owns Cathy Davis & Company. She has a team of officiants that work out of the Niagara Region and she has been absolutely amazing to work with so far.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Her name is Victoria, and she's a government appointed officiant for civil ceremonies. Very excited, she's performed thousands of ceremonies, and seems very friendly, knowledgeable and professional.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have an officiant in mind, she did my mom's friend's daughter's wedding last weekend and said it was a really nice ceremony. My FH and I are different faiths and we both no longer practice so we're going with someone who is not from a church, etc.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The pastor of our church

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had the pastor at my husband's old church. My husband had also lived in his basement for many years, so they consider him another son!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be hiring an officiant that can do bilingual (French/English) ceremonies.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had an Officiant that I researched and did perform gay weddings.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose one of the pastors at our church, who is also a friend, and who has acted as a kind of mentor to my FH in the last couple years.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually justed asked someone to be our officiant! We are hoping that my FH's uncle will be our officiant. My FH has a dad and step dad but his uncle has been like a third dad to him and has always been there. It's a great way of incorporating him in the wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics