Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
VIP September 2023 Ontario

Who's in your Party?

Carine, on June 13, 2022 at 12:52

Posted in Wedding ceremony 40

Who is in the wedding party? (how did you decide, how many people, if you're skipping it entirely, how do you know them, or how long you've known them, if you're including siblings or future in-laws)

Who is in the wedding party? (how did you decide, how many people, if you're skipping it entirely, how do you know them, or how long you've known them, if you're including siblings or future in-laws)

40 Comments

• Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My MOH is my best friend since gr. 4 (we are now 40!!)
    5x BM (my ride or dies, along with my MOH)
    1x Jr BM (daughter of one of my BM; will walk with my step-son)

My niece is the flower girl and we have 2 ring bearers

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a smaller wedding so we only have 2 standing up with us each.

For myself I have my best friend of 15 years as my MOH and my younger sister as my bridesmaid. and my FH has two of his close friends that he has known for 5 years; one he went through basic training with and the other he grew close with during a deployment.

We have not experience any drama yet, but my FH brother was a bit hurt for not being asked to be apart of it and he explained since you live so far away and mentioned you may not be able to come.

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have 4 bridesmaids, 3 friends, one cousin.
    My best friend is my maid of honour which didn’t go over well with my cousin. In fact the day I got my wedding dress she decided to tell me that she should be my maid of honour even though she lives a literal plane ride away lol other than that little drama everything has been great all my bridesmaids have been wonderful and supportive and I’m so thankful for them!! 🤍🤍
    Cousin I’ve known my whole life we grew up more like sisters My best friend we’ve known eachother since grade three My other friend we’ve known eachother since grade three My other friend we met through our fiancés and I’m so happy we did !! I love her and so happy I met her!
  • C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At first I was afraid of jealousy because I have a handful of really good friends, and cutting the numbers made it easier and easier to choose. I figured if I put one bestfriend and 1 sister in law the less the others would be jealous.

Since I chose the knot as my main wedding website, I was able to put a description of the wedding party so everyone invited can read who they are and why they were chosen. I also mentioned that as much as I would have loved to have everyone stand beside me it's nice to know that I have them surrounding me instead.

So far no one is mad and no one is jealous.

• C
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Since I decided to have a small wedding, we chose two for our party, I chose one of my bestfriends we've known eachother for 5 years, but during covid it seemed like that wouldn't make my other friends jealous, and then chose my future sister in law to also stand with me to prevent friend drama.

The bestman is his younger brother and groomsman is one of his bestfriends.

I've also appointed my other best friend since grade 7 as my person for day of ceremony and her husband as master of ceremony.

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My bridal party consisted of my cousin (we've been best friends for our entire lives) and two of my closest friends. One we have been friends for 12 years and the other one we have been friends for 5-6 years!
    My husband had his two brothers as groomsmen and his best friend as best man!
  • Rebecca
    Expert October 2023 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My maid of hour is my best friend
    Bridesmaid 1 is my other best friend
    Bridesmaid 2 is my cousin Bridesmaid 3 is my other cousinBridesmaid 4 is my future sister in law
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our wedding party consists of only one standing up for each of us. my MOH who is my best friend of 7 and a half years and the Best Man is my fiances younger brother

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics