Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who's having a destination wedding? And where?? 🌎

Lynnie, on January 24, 2019 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 4

Are you having a destination wedding? Where are you tying the knot?

Have any great planning advice to share?

Who's having a destination wedding? And where?? 🌎 1

Photo by SoWedding Photo and Cinema Productions in Richmond, BC

4 Comments

Latest activity by Patricia, on June 17, 2019 at 00:44
  • P
    Newbie August 2022 British Columbia
    Patricia Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our destination wedding is Barcelona (Spain). My fiancee is from Vancouver and I'm from Barcelona. As we live in Canada we decided to get married in my country. This summer we are going to Spain for a month just to organize the wedding for next year. Let's see if we can make it πŸ˜…
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our "destination" wedding is to Victoria, BC, because it holds sentimental value.

We're based in Toronto, so it's more of a cross-country destination.

• Tina
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tina Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes! Punta Cana, but we haven't chosen the resort yet. The very first thing I did was research wedding travel consultants. I work in events myself (in a way - theatre) and with people coming from 5 different cities, there was no way I was going to coordinate all that travel myself. We've provided her with a shortlist from some resorts she recommended that will fit our budget and is now getting the group rates for our guests. She provides a wedding website where guests can go for info and ask questions. She also speaks Spanish as well as French, so can be my local contact with destination vendors. Only been engaged a month, but I'll keep posting my planning adventures!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison Β·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We thought about having a destination wedding, either on a cruise ship or a Caribbean resort.

But, it would mean that most of our wedding party wouldn't be able to make it and my soon-to-be niece can't travel outside Canada (messy custody situation between her father and my FSIL) so they wouldn't be able to go, which would definitely be a bummer!

So we compromised and are getting married locally (to family, it's still a destination to us since we live 18 hours away). Our venue has a tropical plant atrium to get those beach-y vibes! We have our whole honeymoon to spend on cruise ships and beaches.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics