Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marie
Frequent user August 2022 Alberta

Who wants support in losing weight before your big day!

Marie, on February 17, 2017 at 10:45 Posted in Before the wedding 0 47
Hello everyone!I was looking for a support group on wedding wire of brides who wants to lose weight doesn't matter how much let's encourage each other!My dream dress is a Marianna Liana dress the biggest size is size 12! I was a 22 when I first saw it and now a 16-18.I have over 500 days till my wedding so I'm working toward my goal! Can't find a picture of the dress! But my local bridal store can order it!Thank you for participating!

47 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on February 13, 2018 at 21:06
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    How did the weight-loss go? I’m just starting my weight-loss journey... ultimate goal is to lose 85lbs by my wedding day. Wish me luck!
  • Shauna
    Curious July 2018 Alberta
    Shauna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That sounds awesome! I was slimmer and bought my dress and then I gained weight and now it doesn't look like I want it to. I'd love some support and encouragement and to give it too.
  • M
    Curious October 2017 British Columbia
    Mel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would double check the dress sized for Martina liana. I just ordered my dress from that designer and their size chart goes up to 28 for wedding dresses and special orders for bigger. Check with you wedding dress store. Although so good to hear you have lost so much. Good job and keep it up you will feel so good. I'm currently 25lbs down since Jan.
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello Kacy,

Yes I lost so much weight that I lost almost 4 sizes, I am working on my goal of going back to pre pregnancy weight which was size 10. So I can wear my dream dress. We werent sure when we would get married still don't know exactly because there is so much going on in our lives. We own our house and stuff keep breaking off so it becomes a priority using the money for our honeymoon. So I will get the time to get fit.

I have been sick for over a week so i havent trained but lost weight due to only 700 calories intake a day. I force myself to eat. My throat and stomach is soar so not much feeling for eating.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katelyn, welcome to the community! Smiley heart You can definitely start looking at wedding dresses. It's good to start early! You can also look at these discussions for more informations on this: Dress fittings

Dress shopping soon!

5 essentials to go dress shopping

Are you trying a specific workout to reach your goal? Smiley smile I personally love running!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't know how it is for you but 15-20 lbs is a size for me... If you are buying off the rack you can probably give yourself a little more time for your body to get back to normal... Unless its a sensational sale... I didn't intend to buy a dress that was too small but it was on clearance and the money I saved will more than cover the alterations.
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes stuart maclean was an amazing person & its too bad he passed away :' -( :' -(
    Yup good ol bay bye lol its still same :-)) we have a new restaurant here called TALO opened 2 years ago -& donkin mine finally reopened - thats really about it :-))
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Daily living can be a challenge after having an accident. It is fantastic that you have so many things to look forward to, make mini goals, write them down then when its achieve celebrate with your favorite thingslike a manicure, pedicure, walk on the beach etc...

I saw that you live in Glace bay, Stuart Mc Clean had such wonderful storied about Glace Bay Dave & Morley...We used to live in Sydney Cape Breton, and drive quite often to Glace bay.

Wishing a fantastic day, keep on the good work it feels hard it will soon feel easier

Marie

• K
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is coming up this november and i just gave birth to my little one 2 weeks ago. In two weeks i plan on going to look for a dress at a clearance sale and im wondering if its a waste to buy one that fits me at this weight i mean my goal is to loose at least another 20lbs before the big day, which means more $$ on alterations!
  • April
    Devoted July 2018 Nova Scotia
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is where i am struggling -- i have not been same since accident - i have many health issues - i have 2 pending surgeries that need to be done - i get started on a new weight loss program - my coach is awesome - i know its me - 2 weeks in something ALWAYS happens - then i dont stick with it bc then i feel like a failure - my heads just not into it - need to get out of my own head - hate feeling like this
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do it!

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are on the right track I'll Google that I have no clue what it is

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've started the Fast Metabolism Diet. I'm only on my second week, so I hope I get some results! Good luck everyone.
  • Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Tried on my dress again... So close, still rides up on my hips but my sister probably could have zipped it all the way up... Maybe next month
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think taking some time off diet is ok as long as it is not binge eating! We quit smoking 7 years ago I tend to eat my emotions away. And its hard to stay away from my fh's restaurant their food is amazing! He makes the best prime rib in town and tend to bring me treats home.

I am going back to studying first exams this Saturday!

Marieve

• Katherine
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took February off from the diet... I've been monitoring my weight and have been maintaining weight loss from January... Tonight we party and back on diet Monday... Lol... Sooooo close to not needing alterations.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh yes the goal should be to feel good in one's skin, then you'll feel super confident and sexy which is always nice Smiley smile glad to hear that your fiancé supports you no matter what, that's the sign of a good partner Smiley laugh if you think size 5 is too small, then so be it, it's just a number and could be repurposed or passed down to your daughters if you have! Anyways, congratulations again, that is wonderful news!
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, but I bought 3 dresses online and the one that fitted me the best is now way too big. I have two other one one size 14 and one size 5 . The size 5 was found online for free I got it because it is a vintage dress from 1945 with wonderful lace and a matching hat. I thought about repurposing. My mother thinks it's possible to become a size 5. I will only be skin and bones if I do. I just want to feel good about myself. My fiance loves me for who I am, I just have to feel that way as well.

Have a wonderful Sunday Smiley smile

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Does this mean you lost so much weight that you're too small for the dress you had bought? If so, that's amazing! Congratulations!
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Updates

Hello Ladies! I lost 31 pounds since August 21, 2016. I drink 10 glass of water a day and my morning smoothies, exercise 3 times 10 minutes for stretching and do 45 minutes walk then 30 minutes yoga. Sometimes I enter all my calories on the lifesum app and burn more calories that I eat. I am currently studying so less time for catching up on up.

So now my wedding dress really doesn't fit! I'll be selling it and saving the money for my dream dress.

We are thinking about a destination to Greece so my current dress wouldn't have worked anyways...

I wish you a fantastic day!

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Try Sarah fit YouTube channels she has various types of exercises I do beginners and increase my endurance. I do everything at home until I can feel confident to go gym
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've tried going with a friend from work but she's insane. Like trying to compete in competitions insane. She spends 3-4 hours at the gym and I've tried going with my fiance but he does his own thing.
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yum, sounds very refreshing! Thanks Smiley smile
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I used to go through a 24 case of pop in a week. Since December 1, we've each had 3 cans. We quit cold turkey. It really sucked at first, but now we're kinda used to it. We find ourselves wanting one every now and then, but we stop each other. You just gotta find it in yourself to decide to do it, and stick to it. It's rough at first, but I promise it gets easier
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You can do it you go girl!!!!

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They say it takes 21 days to form a habit... good or bad... so you just have to get yourself into a schedule. I had my first meet with a personal trainer today, and boy did she kick my ass. I found though that it is only encouraging me to go back. I now know what to do and how to do it. I have a starting point anyways. Give it a shot! Maybe you need to find a gym buddy??
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The brand is PVL, and it is a whey isolate. We share one scoop of powder diluted in water. Thanks for your response! I've heard that too, I didn't think I would have too many issues, I don't have any real food intolerances.
  • M
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Marcie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My issue is I do really good for about a week then fall into a rut.. I want to lose 15 puns just around waist and stomach no idea how
    My diet sucks most of the time salt and pop kill me and fast food
  • Jessica
    Frequent user June 2018 Saskatchewan
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If your protein powder is milk based, your body may not be digesting it well. My fiance says a lot of people cant digest protein powder easily. What powder are you using?? I use bio x whey protein. I know magnum isnt that great unless its in food.
  • Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just discovered awesome YouTube videos Fit plus size /beginner workout follow along by Sarah fit she is awesome!I challenge you to plank 30 seconds tomorrow 35 seconds... and so on. I used the dumbbells for stair exercises thinking nah that's easy you know what I was sweating after 10 minutes I was like ok that good enough for now... it's 5pm I am doing it after posting this!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in! I've been having issues too and just jumped on the protein powder band wagon as a meal supplement. I'm a nurse and have HORRIBLE eating habits due to my ridiculous schedule. I work a lot of nights and find that I'll just snack all night because I have nothing better to do. I've also found that the protein powder is bloating me, likely because I am lactose intolerant and it is a whey protein concentrate, which is supposed to be better for those who suffer from lactose intolerance, but can however still cause some bloating. I'm going to try the lactose intolerance pills before drinking the shakes and see if that makes a difference.

I also have a gym membership and RARELY go. I find excuses not to go (the gym is literally a block from my house). I've purchased my dress already and still have a year and three months before I need to wear it but it's literally on my brain daily about how I'm going to look in it. I have a lot of self confidence/body image issues due to a previous relationship. I've been out of the relationship for nearly 3 years but it still, unfortunately, affects me daily.

Any encouragement I can get would be amazing from you ladies. I keep telling myself that I'm going to actually sit down and do a day to day schedule where I can see where I can fit a gym session in but again, NEVER DO IT. I'm becoming such a procrastinator these days.

• Marie
    Marie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The trick is upon awakening add one tablespoon of Apple cider vinegar to a full glass of plain water one hour after drink this smoothie pre workout They recommend 10 minutes work out before breakfast than light breakfast
    I suggest to stay away from protein powder as many don't indicate exactly what is in their powders... I make religiously this smoothie recipe :Lemon Cucumber ginger smothie This recipes will give you 2 liters of smothie e ought for 4 mornings or to share1 English cucumber1 lemon peeled1 peeled diced ginger like 20 grams1 spring of mint1.5 liter of cool waterProcess in your blender and enjoy 200 ml in morning You can add avocado if you want.I was hospitalised after taking ShakeologyThe company told me that some people might be sensitive or develop allergy to it. I have a long list of allergies none of the ingredients I am allergic to was on their ingredient list. I don't mean to influence anyone's choice but I prefer going with fresh and natural ingredients.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics