Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Who is the most involved in wedding planning? You or him/her?

Emilie, on January 13, 2017 at 19:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

Hi lovely community!

If we take a look at your tasks and your future spouse's tasks... Smiley winking

Who is the most involved in wedding planning? You or him/her?

Image: Giphy.com

17 Comments

Latest activity by Valerie, on January 15, 2017 at 07:51
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh he followed it by saying he knows and appreciates how much I'm putting into the wedding.... then made me dinner and brought it to me lol. He just doesn't always get all the stuff that is just me researching things because he can't always see it (plus I may or may not work on it at work sometimesSmiley winking ). But oh I tell him so he knows to appreciate it/me HAHA Smiley xd
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very good thing!!!!! Smiley smile Hahahaha
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I hope you were like "UM you're welcome!" At least my husband does give me the credit. (And then I'm like "ok... What do you want?") Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha good thing they're cute right? Smiley winking

• L
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Linzer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol me. So me. The only thing he has a strong opinion on so far is the officiant
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both myself and my fiancé are involved in the wedding planning.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fully agree Jessica! I much prefer to just do it myself... I just don't want to hear about "how easy this wedding thing is" Smiley amazing

• Jessica
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am definitely with you on this one Valerie! All he's had to do is tag along to the meetings to make sure we both liked the vendor. In all fairness, he gave me free reign on the wedding. He input a few points as to what he wanted but let me take the wheel. Which is ok with me! I like to be in control of these things!
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh men... just don't have a clue sometimes Smiley xd You can totally plan it in a few months... if you're eloping!! Much easier to plan an event for like 10 people lol
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I know right! Like I have FH 3 tasks and he got upset one day cause I was bugging him that the deadlines were coming up and I needed him to get them finished and he was like "we'll if they're all important and need to be done how do you expect me to finish everything at the same time!?" I laughed and asked if he wanted to switch to do lists and showed him the like 80 things on mine... for the month! I make it a point to show him all the work often so he gets it and doesn't get all upset when I ask him to do extra chores because I'm busy, because sometimes it just looks like I'm sitting playing on my computer when I'm actually doing a ton of stuff
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh! My FH and I had that exact discussion too! I had to give a visual example, ie "You know when you go to your office Christmas and how much planning your social committee puts into those events! Now take that and times it by 20!!!! That's how much work it takes to plan a wedding!!!!!!!". He thought it could all be planned a few months before Lol just with him saying that I was getting chest pains! Lol
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definately me! Though when I showed him what I was doing with my cork place cards , he offered to help thought it would be cool to make them! Smiley smile. He helps with whatever I ask but he's not a detail person. So I give him a few choices pick from and we make decisions that way! Works great for me because I'm super detailed and don't want to annoy someone with all my research, and I like to take as long as I need to make a decision! Lol And believe me sometimes it takes FOREVER! LOL
  • Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm with you on that one Valerie. I asked him 5 questions and he said "Oh my gosh, this is too difficult" hahaha If he only knew how much work this is?? lol

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha 100% me! I actually enjoy planning and what not and have a vision with how I want things to go. I also make decisions a lot better then my FH as he has to research things VERY thoroughly and if things were up to him nothing would be planned! I usually know what I want and can choose things very quickly and plan things in an effiecient time frame! My FH has been involved with planning but safe to say I am the one who does the majority with the help of one of my bridesmaids and my MOH!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHAHAHAHA good one Em.

FH tried to say that "we've been lucky that wedding planning has been so easy" I laughed in his face. And when he tried to prove his "point" by saying that we went with the first photographer and venue we looked at... I (not so gently) pointed out that it was because I spent weeks searching and sent out about 15-20 requests for quotes (for each thing) and narrowed down the search options BEFORE he even knew the what the options were!!! IT'S EASY BECAUSE I MAKE IT EASY!!!!Smiley xd

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love that GIF!

Yeah it was definitely me. I was told that he was "the most involved groom ever" but I still had him beat. All of the big decisions we did together but all the details were me. I don't know that it was really fair to him because I'm an event planner so we just came at it from very different persectives. He did his best!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

LOL Smiley xd Smiley cry Smiley xd Funny question!

Me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics