Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Who is officiating your wedding?

Lynnie, on May 22, 2018 at 13:12 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 17

Who did you choose to officiate your wedding? Did you hire a wedding celebrant? Do you have a religious leader officiating? Is one of your friends or family members able to officiate?

Who is officiating your wedding? 1Photo from Reverend Natalie Haig in Niagara Falls

Who is officiating your wedding? 2

Photo from Wedding Officiant Canada in Toronto

Still need helping finding or choosing someone to officiate? Check out these articles for expert tips: How to Find a Ceremony Officiant , How to Choose a Wedding Officiant , and 10 Questions to Ask an Officiant .

17 Comments

Latest activity by Clarissa, on June 9, 2018 at 21:39
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married in a church so the pastor will be. Not sure which but it sounds like we are in good hands either way. The current pastor is a friend of my fiances's family and his replacement at the moment was the pastor at my fiancé's highschool.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Maybe consider getting married before or after at city hall legally, and have a friend or family member do the ceremony the day of?

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My now husband's father is a deacon within the church and we found out that he was allowed to legally marry us, so he helped perform the marriage with the priest and signed our registry, which was incredibly special to me and my husband

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wedding is 87 days away and we still dont have one. All the quoted prices is too expensive and we dont know anybodythat can do it. Stressed
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will be looking to hire someone to perform the ceremony. My FH's cousin offered but I rather not have family do it. I'm so particular that if she were to mess it up or wear the wrong dress or suit that I would have a fit. So really - I'm just keeping her out of the line of fire right? Smiley tongue

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    His godfather, so we don't have an officiant fee per se but rather we are making a donation to our Church/Parish.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's one of the pastors from our church, who's also a friend.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have an officiant who we hired through all seasons. She's been amazing and the best part is that she was actually my sales associate when I purchased my wedding dress!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a friend perform the actual ceremony but had an officiant attend to make sure everything was legal.

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose to have a pastor from Church to officiate our wedding ceremony.

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married in Catholic church and our new deacon will be doing the ceremony. It will also be his 1st wedding to perform. We haven't met him as he will be coming in in july. So kinda nervous but at the same time honored to be his 1st couple to marry.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had an officiant for our wedding. He wasn't far from our location.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a justice of the peace marrying us.
    He's catholic and I'm jewish so it felt like the easiest way to do it. We won't have anything religious and are keeping it pretty short and sweet.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I haven't discussed this yet so I'm curious to see what feedback you receive!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting an official legal commissioner as per BC law for a private quick process the morning or a couple of days prior and then the actual ceremony will be officiated by my mother, who is an orator.
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll be hiring an officiant in the region.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance’s Pastor from his previous church is marrying us. It’s one of things he really wanted and I was okay with it. The pastor lives 5 hours away though, which means we are paying his transportation and accommodations!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics