Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who is going dress shopping with you?

Joey, on April 13, 2019 at 14:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 19

Who are you included in your 'say yes to the dress' crew? How many people will you bring with you when you try on wedding outfits? Who do you trust the most to give you the most honest opinions? Who are you bringing along to be the cheerleader? Who is the voice of practicality?

Who is going dress shopping with you? 1

Photo by Blü Ivory Bridal & Evening in Toronto

19 Comments

Latest activity by Jo-Ann, on April 20, 2019 at 10:00
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My 2 teenage daughters are coming with me and they are also my bridesmaids. My mom passed away a few years ago
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with my mom the first time, then I went with one of my bridesmaid who was available as my MOH is a nurse and works the odd hours. I would suggest not making it into a huge entourage as too many opinions will just make it really hard to find your dress.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went looking for dresses twice. Once with my mom and maid of honour and the second time with two of my other bridesmaids.

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was just my mom and I.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went shopping with just my mom and sister. I wanted to keep it very simple (and even this was too many people!).
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went shopping with: my Mom, Dad, Sister/MOH, Baba, and FMIL. They had a 5 person limit, otherwise I would have loved to invite a couple BM's. Only person's opinion that I really cared about was/is my Dad's though so the other people were only there for support Smiley tongue

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with so many different people as took me long time to find something I liked. Still unsure of the dress I chose, I in the end went the last time with his family.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think I'll be going with my mom and my sister who is also my MOH.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with just my mum and my oldest sister! Kept it small
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I brought my wedding party with me. I wanted to bring my mom but not my FMIL so I ended up not bringing either.

• Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went dress shopping when I was visiting friends and family back in the Netherlands for about a week and a half so I had quite a group as I wanted to have people from back home close. I was first supposed to go with just my dad but ended up going with both my parents, my FH mom and two of my close friends
  • Katelyn
    Curious September 2020 British Columbia
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with my future MIL and MOH to one store, and another store I went with my mom. I found my dress with my mom, and bought it (on sale!) the following weekend with one of my bridesmaids, after waiting in line for almost 2 hours!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with my mom and my sister (MOH). My mom was the most opinionated, but oddly enough we generally agreed on everything. I think my sister wanted me to get whatever made me happy so I always had to ask for her opinion.

So I have a dream dress that everyone likes!
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be doing my dress shopping in June and i cannot wait! I’ll have my mom, my MOH and 3 bridesmaids! my grandma may join for one appointment as well!
  • Kassandra
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Kassandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have my dress already but I will be taking my mom and bridal party dress shopping this summer 😊
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went a bunch of times! A few times I went by myself which I thought was most important because I really focused on what I wanted! And then when I went again with friends and fam I knew what I was looking for so it was so much easier to narrow it down!
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancée and I went together. We’re completely untraditional and out of everyone, her opinion matters most to me.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll bring my mom, sister, and FMIL. My mom and sister will both be honest but my mom will be way more nitpicky. FMIL will 100% be the cheerleader - I'm positive she'll say she loves anything I put on lol.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with my step mom, sister, grandma and MIL. They were all super great! My step mom and sister are the most honest! My sister flat out said which dresses she didn’t like, and my step mom would wait to hear my thoughts and then give her opinion. My grandma has worked in a bridal store and doing alterations back before I was born so I really trusted her input on fabric and where things should sit etc. My mother in law was great. She offered her opinion but didn’t push. It was honestly a great time.
    I got a little push back from not inviting my other grandma, but she’s a “me” person and everything is about her. And on a day when I wanted things to be about it would have made the experience less fun

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics