Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Who is getting married in June 2017?

Emilie, on November 1, 2016 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 22

Hi amazing June brides Smiley heart

It's so much fun to meet other people who are getting during the same month and from all over Canada!!

I created this discussion so you can all get to know each other! Smiley smile

When did you get engaged?

What's your wedding going to be like?

What step are you at in your planning?

I'm so happy I get to meet each and every one of you in this community! You are all amazing and I can't wait to see everything you've prepared for your big day! Smiley smile

Image: Kevin and Raychel 's wedding in Toronto, Ontario

22 Comments

Latest activity by Jennifer, on January 19, 2017 at 10:51
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user August 2017 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes he will work with us for both the ceremony and receptions. Thats a neat centerpiece i will have to show my FH the idea. Thank you

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a great idea Jenn! I can't wait to see your aisle! Smiley love You're getting help from a decorator? Will he/she help you both for the ceremony and reception? You could do something like this for your centerpieces:

Wizard of Oz Centerpieces

Is that the style you are going for? Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It is my all time favourite movie. It was FH that came up with the theme. We are working with our decorator to see if we can make the aisle like the yellow brick road as well. No idea what we are doing for our centerpieces.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That's such an amazing deal!! I can't believe it, you got so lucky! I just created this new discussion so you can all share your wedding dresses together. It's in a secret group Smiley smile Brides of 2017! Show off your dress! What shape do you have in mind for your bouquet? I could help you find a few ideas Smiley smile

• E
    Newbie June 2017 New Brunswick
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought a white silk mermaid style dress that has a beaded belt Smiley smile I got it at a wedding convention for 80% off because I was taking forever to pick a dress and the guy wanted to go home haha! I only had to pay $300!Smiley smile
    I'm going to have some orchids for sure but I'm not sure what else quite yet. My bouquet is going to droop so I have yet to figure out what would look best. I have to have blue and purple flowers of some sort as well.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Amazing! That will look so gorgeous! Smiley love How did you come up with the theme? Is it your favourite movie?

I'd love to hear more of your ideas! You should join us in these discussions too:

My wedding dress in 3 pictures

My wedding dress

What will your centerpieces look like? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This sounds so beautiful Emily! I can't wait to see pictures! Smiley love I love your theme, it's very natural and symbolic at the same time. You should meet Melissa, she's growing her own flowers for the wedding Smiley smile

My decoration plans!

I'm so curious about your dress! What style did you choose? Smiley smile You could share it in a discussion:

New discussion

What type of flowers will you have in your bouquet?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have red ruby slippers.

• E
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have my dress, the tuxes picked out, my cake taken care of, my makeup and my bridesmaid makeup, venue, photographer, catering, decor and I have a wedding planner Smiley smile all I need to do now is figure out my hair and nails, flowers, music and transportation Smiley smile our theme is "Watching Love grow" so we're going to have a lot of flowers and each guest is going to get a tree sapling as a favour to symbolize our love growing. We're also going to have an ink pad for guests to stamp their thumb on a picture of a tree (as leaves) instead of a guest book Smiley smile our colours are light blue, lilac purple and summer green.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Emily! Welcome!!!! I'm so excited for you too! Smiley catface You should meet the other Emily who is getting married in June Smiley smile What step are you at in your planning?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whaaat!? Your dress sounds so gorgeous!! Smiley love You should join our discussions or show us your dress in the closed group My wedding dress! I can't wait to see it! Smiley heart

My wedding dress

Did you add the pockets yourself or were they already on the dress? This is such a good idea!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That sounds so awesome! Is your dress like Dorothe's? Or red wedding shoes? Smiley love

• E
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me! June 4th 2017!Smiley smile so excited!Smiley smile
  • E
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you! I started planning pretty much after we got engaged! My parents own 35 acres so I knew I wanted to get married on the family farm! My dress is a ball gown shape. It's a satin bottom with lace on the bust line and a very sparkley waist band. It's an Katherine Hepburn style. And as a bonus it has pockets!
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of having either a Wizard of Oz theme or ice cream.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Jennifer! Wooooow! I'm in love with your ideas! Your colours look beautiful! I'd love to see pictures of your bridesmaids dresses! Smiley love You should check out Simone's idea too. She's having a Gatsby theme: Wedding invitationsSmiley smile What theme are you thinking of having for your wedding?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI Caitlin ! It's so nice to meet you! I can't wait to see all you DIYs!!! Smiley love You should create a discussion in the DIY group and show us what you've been up to: https://community.weddingwire.ca/community-discussions-create.php?idGroup=

The burlap and lace sound amazing! Will you use them for your tablecloths? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Emily! Welcome to the community! We have the same name Smiley smile That's so amazing! How early after your engagement did you start planning? Smiley smile I can't wait to see your ideas! What shape of dress did you choose?

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged Dec 04 2015

The wedding is going to be crazy fun. I have my dress, shoes and accesories. I feel we are on track we have the venue, dj, photographer, transportation, hotel accomodations, decorator, hair and makeup all booked. The girls just need shoes, the guys still need to pick their outfits. We still have to get the officiant, and florest booked.

We have blue and pick as out colours. The girls have royal blue dresses and the guys will be in some form of pink.

We are also looking into haveing a themed wedding, we are testing or decorators creativity Smiley smile.

Im super pumped for the big day. The only sad thing is we plan and build up for the one day for so long and that day comes and will go by so fast.

• C
    Newbie June 2017 Alberta
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey everyone! We set the date for June 3rd 2017 ! Super excited. We got engaged on august 27th 2016. We are having a rustic theme wedding complete with lace and burlap accents. Our colors are a gorgeous minty blue.
    I have half of the decor made and half to finish but I'm a big DIY kinda woman and crafter. We had to change our dinner venue from the same place as our ceremony to a hall near by. I was not entirely pleased but I can make it work haha
    Caitlin
  • E
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Me!! June 17th !! We got engaged may 30th 2015. We decided to have a long engagement so that we could sabe up a hit! Smiley smileEverything is booked all we need now is just the smaller details. (Tabe cloths, napkins, etc!)Congrats to all the beautiful brides who's fave year is 2017!!!!!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Meeeeeee!

June 10, 2017

And I almost have the final "big thing" booked!!!!! I am waiting for the city to call back with my approval for the ceremony park! she said 48 hours or less Smiley smile

We already have the Dinner restaurant, the reception venue (as this will be seperate from the intimate dinner and ceremony), out DJ and officiant all set.

We were engaged on Aug. 9, 2016- so just under a year to plan. We are having a simplified kind of wedding- to suit our style as a couple. I'm getting really excited. I think booking the ceremony park might be my first real "bridal moment". I'm feeling great today!

I am looking online at dresses that I can order, but will be trying some on soon too. We are still figuring out decor and details like that, but Yellow and green are our colours.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics