Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
VIP June 2017 Ontario

My decoration plans!

Melissa, on November 18, 2016 at 21:27 Posted in Wedding reception 0 15

I've been collecting ideas fro decorating our reception venue. The venue supplier single stem flowers in slim glass vases, but we want to add to that a bit! We will add more yellow flowers with a lot of these all green displays too

I think I might put the flowers/ lemons on mirrors with the candles...but I worry that on small coacktail table that might be too big?

Let me know what you think- and if you have any suggestions Smiley smile

Sage & Candles

Sage & Candles

Lights and Lanterns

Lights and Lanterns

Fresh lemons and flowers

Fresh lemons and flowers

Bar Garland

Bar Garland

For the curtains near the "quiet area"

For the curtains near the

Finally....

Welcome Sign

Welcome Sign

15 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 21, 2016 at 06:57
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is the plan! I've also started some sage indoors, we'll see if I actually have enough by June!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of these ideas look beautiful Melissa!! I love it! I really like the green natural touch and the lemons in the vase really give a nice glow! Smiley love Will you put your home grown baby breath flowers in there? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm sure you'll make the best choice for you!
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the lemon idea!!! gonna give that amazing pop of color and yellow makes people happy!! OMG Melissa your day is gonna be so beautiful with everything you have described I cannot wait to see pictures !!!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's all beautiful. I like the lemons too, it does add a nice touch of colour and it's different.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't feel like that! I mean everyone will have different opinions when they see it so I am sure some might think that way but my first thought was that it was a fun and colourful idea that worked well with your dress!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great idea! I'll have some mock ups ready to go for our next visit. Genius!
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love these ideas! The sage is a great touch and I LOVE the lemons! It adds some natural colour and looks beautiful!

I agree with you that for the cocktail tables you probably want to keep the decorations minimal so there's room for the guests to put their drinks, food, purses, etc. If you can, I would recommend bringing a couple centerpiece options to your venue to try it out before you make them all so you can see what size works best. That's something I noticed about our wedding, the idea in your head vs. how it actually works the day of! We had a mixture of rectangular tables and round tables and the rectangular tables were more narrow than I was expecting so I had to get a little creative with the placement of our book centrepieces!

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your welcome Melissa. These are great choices.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Chelsea! I'm really glad you ladies agree that my theme is coming together the way I thought it was!

You don't think lemons feel too outdoor- spring like??? I'm going to have a tough choice! lol

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I actually like the lemon idea because it is fun and colourful and I think it would work with your dress and everything because a tea length dress to me is all about fun and personality! I am also a fan of all the other decorations to
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks for the honest feedback! I have wondered if the lemons would be a little weird at my indoor late night reception....worth revisiting
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are all very pretty for your garden wedding! I love the candles with the sage! Looks great! I have to admit I'm not a fan of the lemons though. The flowers are really pretty mind you. With your tea length dress, I can see it coming together Smiley smile
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Simone! I'm feeling really happy about how my vision is coming together (in pictures at least!)

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are very nice ideas Melissa! I really like it. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics