Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who has hired a wedding planner?

Joey, on January 12, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5

Who here is using a wedding planner to help them through the planning process? Who has a wedding designer, a day-of coordinator, or other pro on their team helping make the day come together smoothly? How have they helped you so far? What's been the best part of working with them? What have they helped you accomplish that you wouldn't have been able to if you were working alone?

Who has hired a wedding planner? 1

Photo by Something Borrowed Event Management & Design in Vancouver

5 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on January 18, 2018 at 08:54
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't hire anyone to do any type of coordinating or planning. It was all us. We didn't see the need for the extra expense and since we weren't at an actual venue but family property they probably would have charged us more.

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our venue owner is a wedding planner and offers a month long planning service to keep everything on track and make sure all the vendors are sure of what to do and where to go.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are not hiring a coordinator. We do have an event manager at the venue who will be with us every step of the way. I actually wish I could be his go to person for the day (I like to be involved in EVERYTHING) but I realize that's not realistic so I'll have to designate someone else which is totally fine.

• Biondina
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Biondina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Day-of coordinator's are a must in my mind (more so month of)... All you do ahead of time is provide them all your vendor contact info along with ALL your agreed upon details so they can confirm it all leading up to your date. On the day of you won't have to worry about vendors being lost or late (nor do you have to know as it just adds to your stress that day which no one needs!) and they'll be the ones to communicate with them and ensure everything gets done regardless of anything that comes up or is happening in the background. Then they'll assist with cuing everything from the time the wedding starts until the very end... basically just ensure everything that day goes smoothly so you don't have to stress about it. Bonus of a wedding planner or designer is that they already have contacts in the industry, so will know exactly who to go to and potentially assist with getting those vendors costs down if they have a reputable relationship.

• Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't exactly have a wedding planner, but the banquet centre we booked at has a "wedding coordinator" that you work with. We sat with her to discuss everything we needed to for the wedding. The banquet centre also had an "ultimate upgrade" package where you work with all their preferred vendors and get a discount.

This made wedding planning much less stressful in my opinion.

The wedding coordinator was also with us "day of" all day. I didn't really have to "assign duties" to anybody because she took care of everything. My wedding day was 100% stress free.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics