Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Curious May 2019 Ontario

Who buys groom's ring

Mary, on August 11, 2018 at 17:48 Posted in Before the wedding 0 13
Hi gals,
Must the bride buy grooms band? Any exception?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on August 13, 2018 at 10:31
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I bought my husband's wedding band. I got him sized at a local jewelry store and then bought online.

• Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It depends on the preference of you and your fiancé! I will be buying my fiancé's wedding band and vice versa.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I should mention that we fully have joint accounts. So maybe we did both pay? Lol
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lucky for us, wedding bands can be really inexpensive! Lol. I’ve seen them anywhere from $200 and up. I’m getting my FHs shipped in from New Zealand and it’s going to be around $1,800. I don’t mind because he spent a lot on my rings. Lol. He most definitely doesn’t need to be there! You can ask what he likes, and get his ring finger size. I like Spence (that’s where he got my rings) they were so professional and you can customize everything about the ring. But People’s Jewellers seems to be good too!
  • Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think its just whatever you want
    I bought my own band because i have more expensive tastes and he bought a cheap one because he loses everything.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We do joint finances.

Instead of an engagement ring we’re focusing on paying the immigrations costs and securing vendors for our wedding.

When it comes to the bands, we’ll both decide what we want and take aesthetics and cost into consideration.

He’s said he still wants to buy me an engagement ring, but my frugality struggles with the it. Ultimately it’s a decision we’ll also make together. (I have NO issues wearing a ring to show my commitment, I just prefer to prioritize our financial obligations).
  • M
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Mary ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Gina, does he need to be there if I wanna buy his band? Any estimation of how much it costs? And a place to buy it?
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I bought my fiancé’s ring. I think it’s only fair he bought mine.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We each bought our own wedding bands. We both wanted to pick them out ourselves since it was the ring we will be wearing forever and so we also each paid for our own ring. But we went shopping and bought them together.

Also, women’s rings can cost 2-4x the men’s rings easily so I didn’t feel right having him spend another $1200 on my ring on top of my engagement one when his was only $200
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As a couple, you both choose what rings that suit your style and price.

My husband paid for our rings.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We already live together and have one joint account so technically both of us lol. Typically the bride buys the groom's and the groom buys the bride's. Really depends on what you both want to do.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband actually bought his own ring. He bought his, mine, and my engagement ring from a friend, actually, so they all match! But, typically the bride buys it. You can always pick out your wedding rings together though, so you each like what you are getting.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely think the bride should. I wouldn’t want anyone but my FH buying my engagement or wedding ring. His wedding band is my gift to him as a symbol of our marriage and a gift on our wedding day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics