Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miav
Devoted September 2020 Alberta

Which vendors did you book in a Bridal Show?

Miav, on July 27, 2019 at 20:47 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Very excited for Fall Bridal Shows! It's going to be our first one as we just got engaged last May. Did you go with FH or alone? Did you book a vendor on the spot because of deals? TIA! Smiley smile

12 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on July 29, 2019 at 15:49
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with my mom to a few, I didn't book any vendors right at the show, but I ended up hearing about my photographer, dj, and cake baker at shows and contacted them around a week afterwards. Some also honoured bridal show deals for a bit after the show too!

I got engaged October 2017 and I went to the London Bridal Expo in January 2018 and January 2019 (they do have a fall one but I didn't go). I found the 2018 was more helpful to hear about vendors and watch wedding dress fashion shows. In 2019, I basically talked to vendors I already hired and was looking for just cake bakers and ended up hiring one from the show.

For me, bridal shows are definitely useful if you are still looking for vendors or attire inspiration. Once I had most of my vendors, and my dress, the last show wasn't as useful but I'm glad I did go to at least one!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went with the girls- he wasn't really into it lol I didn't but I had tried to book the cake vendor and they were already booked!

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to one last fall with my FH and my parents. We didn’t book anything on the spot as we had almost all our vendors by the time we went to the show. We mainly went to see the fashion show of the bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride dresses to get ideas.
    I did find my florist there but didn’t book her then, just set up an appointment. And then we found our officiant there.
    It really depends where you are at in your planning stages when you go!
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one bridal show with my FH and attempted to go to a second with my MOH (the second one was cancelled due to a power outage and the largest blizzard of the winter season...lol).
    We didn't book anything at the bridal show itself, but it is how we found the photographer and the baker for the cake we did book a little later. I also won a draw, so that was a plus!

It's worth it to go to one to see what's out there, get general price points, or to get ideas.

Oh, and bring your own pen. Vendors will have one or two, but it means you don't have to waste time waiting for the pen to fill out draw ballets behind six other people...lol. Sounds silly, but it will save you SO much time.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Here in MB the Wonderful Wedding Show is in January - so I got to go twice! hehe

I got engaged Dec. 2017 so for January 2018 I went just me and my FH. The following year (2019) I went with my FH and my Sister (MOH).

2018 I won a couple gift cards and what have you and that is where we found our venue, booked with Moores for suits, found a plus size wedding dress store where I later bought my dress from, got catering quotes, and overall feel of what we want.

2019 no wins, but we did find our videographer and started getting decor ideas and a couple quotes from places to rent dishes and cutlery from.

No booking on the spot for us, 2018 was too soon as we didn't have the venue booked just yet and 2019 most of what we needed was already booked by fall 2018. Even the videographer we saw at the show we waited to book because I wanted to see if he was willing to do a discount as we wouldn't be able to afford one at his regular price. The closer to the wedding you get the more vendors are willing to come down in price if they are not already booked.

• Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went with my mom, sister and FH. We didn't book anyone on the spot, but we got a lot of pamphlets and scheduled meetings with a number of vendors. We meet our photographer and videographer at the wedding show we went to.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I went to a show together. we didn't book anything there but we got ideas and found a vendor that we booked later. At the time of the show we didn't have a date yet so booking anything wasn't really practical. We were just looking around trying to see what we wanted.
  • Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the tip! Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Brides for the most part do attend to the Bridal shows unless the Grooms are really into wanting to know what is happening and cost wise will attend too. Family members will go with the couple to see what costs and services are reasonable of vendors; as well as feeling comfortable to work with them personally (feeling the vibe). Asking discounts and ending dates before its expired for booking is a good question to ask since they do show specials.

Its never good to jump at the first vendor you come across to book and realize there is a better price with others. Delivery charges are applied with some vendors as well based on their location and your wedding location.

My husband and I had attended a Wedding Ring Show small size in Orillia in 2016 summer and found the prices ridiculously high with all the vendors not signing up with any of them.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Mostly brides. I saw some men but not that many. Most brides went with moms or friends or bridal party members.
  • Miav
    Miav ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Was there a lot of FH there or was it mostly a bride event? Thinking to go with my FH

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t book any vendors on the spot personally. The main reason was I wanted my FH with me to make those decisions.

they do have good deals though, depending on what you want.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics