Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Expert August 2021 British Columbia

Which vendors am i forgetting?

Sarah, on June 10, 2020 at 19:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 11
I’m curious what vendors you have hired that I might be forgetting about.The venue is booked and I have someone doing the cakeOrdering pizzas because I love pizza and so does the groom to be lol.I

have a DJ,photographer, bartender,photo booth and the officiant but feel like I’m overlooking something that will make our day magical.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on June 11, 2020 at 12:01
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Amazing list thank you!!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Great advice thank you 😊 I think I want a day of coordinator and a videographer now lol
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Your vendor team seems to be greatly done so you have everyone covered as for décor, you could hire a DOC (Day of Coordinator whom will be in charge of everything you need and can work with your décor and some of their choices you make to add to your hall/venue. Alternative is arranging with the venue to know if you can come in a day or 2 beforehand to set up the hall and have others help out with everything you will be bringing. Rentals apart from DOC is a saver if you don't feel the space at home is going to be consumed for reselling. This option worked out for centerpieces and backdrop to pick up the same day going to the venue and dropping off while going home after the event.

Videographer is a good choice if you want to capture the day moments if the budget fits. Florist is the same to know if your going for real over fake and seasonal flowers than out of season of the cost to pay.

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ill give you a big list of costs and this is all not mandatory but there are a lot of costs

venue

venue tech (some venues require you to use a certain audio company)

church or officiant

flowers

decors

dress

jewelry

rings/bands

guys suit and outfit

wedding party proposal boxes and wedding day of gifts

parents gifts

honeymoon

hair and MUA

hotel

limo or other transpotation

music live or DJ

cake

photobooth

invitations/stamps/return mail postage/thank you cards/bridal invites and thanks yous/save the dates

marriage classes (if catholic)

marriage licence from city

money box

wedding planner

guest book

favors

photo and video

flooring

entertainment

website

food

alcohol

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Do you have a florist? Transportation? and if you're thinking about a day of coordinator? What about hair and makeup?!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s the one I’m forgetting I couldn’t remember the name of them so I have been looking for set up and tear down services with little luck lol thank you.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If you’ve already got your decor covered I wouldn’t bother with a decorator ☺️ People usually bring them on board when they want to all of their rent decor items. But it could be an option if there’s a cool statement piece you really want but don’t wish to buy. Decorators will often tailor their pricing to your specific needs. For instance I hired a decor company solely to install a backdrop I really wanted. They’re only charging like $200. The remainder of my decor is DIY and the venue staff will set it up and tear it down.

If you’ve got some cash to spare with the postponement a coordinator could be a great idea! Basically they are there to make the day runs according to plan. They act as a point person for vendors, deal with any unexpected crises, help time your processional and shepherd guests around, and (perhaps most importantly) they will typically set up and tear down your decor. Basically having them in your corner allows you and your loved ones to kick back and take in the day. I think it’s a fantastic investment, unless your venue supplies an in-house coordinator willing to cover all the same tasks.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have someone doing hair and makeup but a videographer would definitely capture the magic.Would a professional decorator be willing to use the decor that I have?What exactly does a day of coordinator do?We were doing everything ourselves when the wedding was set for this August but covid bumped us a year so now we have options.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I didn’t even think about pampering myself 🤦🏼‍♀️ I figured I would simply get my hair and makeup done and have a few drinks before the ceremony..I think the pampering route is the way to go thanks for sharing.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These aren't "vendors" but someone to give you a little pampering before the wedding. Maybe a massage therapist, manicurist, or someone who specializes in waxing. It doesn't hurt to have someone in your arsenal and to try some out in the months leading up to the wedding.
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sounds like you’ve got the grounds covered!! Do you want professional hair and makeup? A florist? Videography? A professional decorator? Some form of transportation? A live musician for the ceremony? A day of coordinator?

Obviously these are not all must-haves (nor have I personally hired a vendor in all of these categories) but just some suggestions!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics