Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Which came first - Telling your friends or telling your family about your engagement?

Joey, on April 30, 2018 at 09:21

Posted in Before the wedding 42

Once the big question was popped and the "YES!" was given, who did you tell first? Was the very first person you shared the news with a friend, or a relative? Photo by Bianca Martin Photography in Port Coquitlam Click here to go to the next question - Setting your budget or setting your guest list?...

Once the big question was popped and the "YES!" was given, who did you tell first? Was the very first person you shared the news with a friend, or a relative?

cfb_27819.jpg

Photo by Bianca Martin Photography in Port Coquitlam

Click here to go to the next question - Setting your budget or setting your guest list?

For more questions about wedding planning firsts you can start back at the beginning of the game.

42 Comments

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We called my parents over Skype just an hour after it happened, and my fiancé told his parents in person later that night. Then we told our siblings the next day.

My best friend was the first other person to know, apart from coworkers who noticed my ring. I actually didn't tell my best friend, I just made sure my left hand was in plain sight until she noticed (and then she told me that she'd been looking often lately because she knew it was coming).

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Parents first, then friends.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Friends first. Haha. FH was so excited so he told all his work friends the day after he proposed. We waited for our Easter dinner to tell the family.
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually told some friends who live in our community first and celebrated that evening. We called our parents the next day and told them the news.

• Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We called all our family members after he proposed. And then we told friends who shouldn’t hear about it via social media. Then we posted on Facebook.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Friends. our engagement/ring shot was literally posted on Instagram & Facebook within minutes of him proposing, so our families found out the day after!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We told our parents first then let friends know then posted it to social media.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our parents knew already it was going to happen. I kind of told everyone at the same time haha we were still out for dinner when I text my mom and closest girls and then posted on social media
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Parents first! And then closest friends. And then extended Fam at Christmas (we were engaged Dec 23)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics