Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Where's all that wedding stuff going AFTER the wedding?

Joey, on December 4, 2017 at 10:05 Posted in Just married 0 15

If you're anything like me, your house was absolutely taken over by wedding stuff in the last weeks before the wedding, including gifts, favors, decor, suitcases... What are you doing to de-wedding your house after the wedding? What will you be selling? What will you be donating? What will you be passing on to other engaged couples you know? Will you be making any keepsakes from your wedding items? Tell us your plans!

What are you going to do with your signs, decor items, and gift canoes?!

Where's all that wedding stuff going AFTER the wedding? 1

Photo by Rocking Ridge Ranch in Knutsford BC

*Please keep in mind when posting that buying and selling is not allowed within the community - you can't exchange items here, but feel free to discuss your plans for buying and selling elsewhere!

15 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on December 18, 2017 at 11:55
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Majority of our items were just put in a keep box for us and selling whats not needed. Others are kept for use of gift bags during the year. Rentals were taken back. Check with wedding stores or planners if they are interested in buying what you have.
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Stephanie,

Its a buy and sell app on your cellphone. People say they want to buy it and pick up is usually super quick and easy. I have bought all my decorations on there as there is a specific wedding category. So easy!!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't heard of varagesale...I'll have to check it out. So far, I've had good luck with picking things up from Facebook buy and sell but I have heard of people without success stories.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a buy and sell group on facebook here in Thunder Bay. I will try to sell whatever I can. After that, I'll likely just donate it or see if my wedding planner or decorators can use any of it.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had never heard of varagesale, although it looks I am the last one! Maybe I should check it out!

We will be donating all the decorations or giving them away to friends, as we live in ON and the wedding will be in AB and I don’t plan on flying back with 20kgs worth of things I have nowhere to put them!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of what we will have leftover are potted plants, so we will keep one or two and then sell or donate the rest. They should be pretty cheap to make so I'm okay with donating them. Some of our decor belongs to the venue (such as the backdrop) and linens are provided by them as well. And I am planning on borrowing some ceremony stuff from family and the venue.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm in Southern ON, pretty much as south as you can go (windsor essex area)

• T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have bought and will be selling it on varagesale. People are super prompt and not flakey
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its sitting in the garage right now. But there will be a few things i keep and can use at the house. The rest will be sold on a buy and sell.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    There are some things we are keeping, probably our card box. But we will be selling most our decor, including linens.
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Trying to figure that out, still! I did put some of it up for sale but there didn't seem to be a lot of interest. I am going to try to use some facebook wedding groups, but honestly, at this point, I am getting ready to just donate the decorations and call it a day. I'm about to go on a huge purge of our basement and get rid of a bunch of stuff!

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We haven't bought a lot of wedding decor as we are renting it from our decorator. Most of the stuff we did buy are things we will be using a decor in the house (Mr and Mrs sign, picture frames etc). The few things that can't be reused we will most likely donate. I don't have patience for the likes of Facebook marketplace or varagesale.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of our stuff can be reused or recycled. We also have thought about donating stuff or selling it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics