Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peggy
Super May 2019 Alberta

Where'd you buy your bridal shower/rehearsal dinner dress?

Peggy, on January 7, 2019 at 13:53 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

I'm having trouble finding a white dress for my bridal shower and rehearsal dinner. I'm a plus size gal; I'd like a tea-length white dress ideally (My mom and sister are throwing a high tea for my shower!).

10 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on January 7, 2019 at 22:58
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not sure what kind of stores you have locally but I have found some great dresses at winners, the bay and old navy.

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try maurices online (they carry plus sizes, are a great price, not sure on the white).

check out davids bridal as well. they had some SUPER cute white wedding dresses for sale (short and tea length) as well as some cocktail style dresses in white. that's where i was looking.

and call any local wedding consignment shops. you never know what they may have.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If you weren't looking for it, you'd find it right. isn't that the way. My Mom and I were walking in the mall and saw a beautiful long off white dress with a shall. The information was that it was an unworn bridal dress that had never been worn. It was $50.00 of you can imagine! I didn't know if it would fit so we left it... The next day my Mom took me back to the mall to buy the dress. Its lovely and am just having the length shortened. Good luck to you!
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am just planning on a local store! Or using one of the dresses I wore for my engagement photos! That image you posted, however, I LOOOOOVE!!!! If you find a link to it please share!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In that case, here's the link! Retro White Dress (Wish.com) They have up to a size 16 and it comes in white and ivory - although the price tag is $110 before shipping and what-have-you.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No idea where it's from - I grabbed it from google image search so I could show you what I had in mind!

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ahhhhh.... I see this is off of wish? For what it's worth I think it would have looked amazing!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies, I'll look at those two. I'm hoping for a tea length dress something like this: Where'd you buy your bridal shower/rehearsal dinner dress? 1

My plan is to dip dye the hem afterwards, so it's not plain white and I can wear it again. Smiley smile

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really depends when your bridal shower is. I find this time of year it is harder to find a white dress, but the spring/summer it may be easier.

Winners/Marshalls sometimes have some. I agree with Tori for Eclipse, hit and miss also.

Amazon also has some good dresses. You just have to really look and read the reviews to make sure they aren't see through

• Tori
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really enjoy dresses from Forever XXI and Eclipse - with that being said, I can't guarantee they will have any white dresses as it varies every time I got to both places though... Online you can't search Forever XXI by the colour white and when you do on Eclipse there is only one white dress with floral on it... It may just be the time of year right now though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics