Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?!

Amanda, on January 2, 2022 at 18:31

Posted in Wedding ceremony 160

Have you decided where you'll say "I do"? Tell us where and when you'll be tying the knot! Have you already booked your wedding venue? Have you decided to stay in the city that you current live in or have you decided to get married someplace else?! My fiance and I decided from the very...

Have you decided where you'll say "I do"? Tell us where and when you'll be tying the knot! Smiley ring

Have you already booked your wedding venue? Have you decided to stay in the city that you current live in or have you decided to get married someplace else?!

My fiance and I decided from the very beginning that we didn't wanted to get married in the city we live in now. We agreed that we wanted to have a somewhat of a destination wedding. We are saying our "I DO's" in my second home of Kelowna BC at Summerhill Pyramid Winery on August 7th 2022 Smiley heart

cfb_71534.jpg

cfb_71536.jpg

cfb_71538.jpg

160 Comments

• S
    Newbie July 2022 British Columbia
    Skylar ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes I have! Out towards tumblr ridge bc there is a hall that I will be getting married at out side it’s the most beautiful place around where I am 🥰
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh how beautiful!!! Banff is amazing!! My fiance and are there all the time! We're actually going to be there in march for a snowboarding weekend! And staying at Tunnel moutain resort! The reseviour is beautiful up there. You'll have a beautiful day ❤
    The buffalo mountain lodge is amazing! Stayed there a few times myself!

• Janel
    Beginner July 2022 Alberta
    Janel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our original plan was to get married in the town that we live in now but when we canceled it we decided that Banff, AB would be a much better idea! It's been kinda stressful planning it from a different province but its still been so fun!!

We'll be getting married at the tunnel mountain reservoir & then having the reception at the buffalo mountain lodge! It makes it so easy because they are literally across the street from each other!

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I definitely will be!! Usually first week of August out there it's around 32-40!
  • Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes! Cross very hard. I’ll cross mine for you too! Nice weather makes your think less. And enjoy more. Haha
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm crossing my fingers for very nice weather no rain and no forest fires!
  • Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes, we fell in love with it and it was so petite for our number of people we wanted. Ohhhh yeah, I kept hearing that and had to deal with it. Hahaha! I accepted it and enjoyed it. 😂😂
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!! Smiley heart

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Amanda! I love yours too 🤩
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh!!! I love your venue!! Smiley love Smiley love

• Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your venues are all so beautiful! Outdoors weddings are a vibe 🤩🤩🤩.

We're getting married at Plaza Rive-Sud. Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 1

Cocktail hour will be at the terraceWhere will your wedding ceremony take place?! 2
    Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 3
    The reception hallWhere will your wedding ceremony take place?! 4
    I hope everything will turn out ok with these COVID-19 restrictions. Although our venues did wedding ceremonies and receptions outdoors for accommodations.
    Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 5

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I looked it up and it's a beautiful place Smiley heart Hey you know what they say when it rains on your wedding day!

• Tunisha
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We tied the knot at a beautiful place called Cumberland Belle. It didn’t turn out the way we want it with an outside ceremony since it rained that day. But it was so beautiful still.

Can’t seem to share photos on here Smiley sad

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It really is!!! Kelowna is my second home and I'm out there every summer and it's my top wineries to visit!

That sounds beautiful!! How exciting!!

• K
    Beginner July 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That winery is beautiful! My fiancé and I went there this past summer.

We are getting married in front of an old church, with the reception being in a half open barn on their property and the dancing in the old church
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha thank you!! 🥰 I think it’s really pretty too, Cochrane is so underrated!
    I will definitely have to check that out thanks! 😊
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh how wonderful!!! That's so exciting!! I can't wait to see pictures ❤❤
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much, I think so too! And I even lucked out, my decor vendor has worked this location before and her vision for my day is going to be beautiful!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This place is beautiful you're going to have a great day I can tell just from this pictures ❤
  • Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony and reception will be at the same place. I feel in love with this venue when I saw it on here. We're having it at Wild Rose Brewery. Its in an old industrial airplane hanger and has a very open concept feel. So much was included (staff, tables, linens) and for a steal of a deal!

img-0157_50_13473_v1.jpeg

0h7a5514_50_13473-160452892951104.jpeg

• Malyssa
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh Alyx, this place is beautiful (I may be bias because I live there haha) you'll have such great views for photos!!! If you are willing to go off property for photos, there is a cute park not far called Riverfront park that has a gorgeous trail that would be great for some photo ops!! Smiley smile

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my gosh!! I think that is super cute!! Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We totally just changed where we will have the ceremony. We are going to a little chapel 🥰
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It looks beautiful either way even if you had your ceremony inside! That space Smiley love

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were originally planning for a winter wedding and like Rayanne, wanted all our spaces in one location so that there's no driving between venues in case of bad weather. We picked our venue because we got exclusive use of the space, which included four different event rooms. This would've been the room where our ceremony would be held if we kept our winter date. It wasn't overly bare bones that we would've had to spend a ton to outfit but still flexible enough that we could jazz it up however we wanted.

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 6

The pandemic forced us to pivot to an outdoor ceremony in the early fall and I couldn't be happier. The natural light and lush green is the highlight of the space. An overhead covering provided shade in the event it was super sunny and hot. They also had power lines available so we didn't need generators for mics and speakers. And because of the natural flora in the space, we didn't need to spend as much on decor. I couldn't ask for a better spot.

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 7

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 8

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel like this summer will finally happen!!
    You have no idea!! I can't wait to wear my dress. In about 2 weeks Its going to be 3 years since I said yes to the dress!!!!
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel like with your date you will definitely be in the clear!!!
    I bet your just so ready to get married and have your day!! 🤍🤍 hoping and praying everything works out for you guys 🥰
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!! These pictures don't do justice! It's absolutely beautiful in the summer!

The seating for outside they are just a bit more spread out from what I've been told.

I'm just crossing my fingers that this summer things will work out for the best for all of us summer brides Smiley heart

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our ceremony will be at the same place as our reception but down the hall. Our ceremony space was chosen for convenience rather than looks. Since we are getting married in winter we wanted as little driving as possible for eveyone. We could have used the same space as our reception but there would have been a two hour turn over for them to get ready and we didn't want our guests to be wondering around looking for something to do during that time. Plus we will be setting up the reception space the night before.
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love those photos wow!! I like the elegance of the reception space very pretty
    Awe how special!!! 🤍🤍 I’ve never heard of your venue but I’ve been to the okanagan and it’s so nice there!

Yeah that’s a good way to do it I think! We wanted our venue to have both ceremony and reception spaces when we were looking for places. That’s great your venue has a back up plan too!! But yeah you will probably have pretty good weather then!! 😊
    What does your venue do with Covid restrictions and the seating outside ? I haven’t asked my venue about this yet but I’m wondering if there are restrictions if they have to be seated one or two chairs apart from one another? Lol
    Yeah I’m sorry… I remember you saying that to me a couple months ago that’s so tough!! It kinda had me thinking I might as well go ahead with things no matter what! I love planning it’s been so much fun but idk if I want to wait another year haha , we may loose out on some things but I’m sure we will make the most of what the day will be! 🤍

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!!!! I've had my eye on this winery since I was little Smiley love We're also having our reception here as well so it's really a two in one deal!

That's so crazy! My fiance and I live in Alberta and getting married in BC hahaha

I've heard of the Cochrane Ranchhouse! It's beautiful! That's awesome that you have a backup place if the weather isn't the greatest! The winery has a pyramid on site so if the weather isn't great, we're able to get married inside! But usually the beginning of August is the hottest times of the year in the Okanagan.

I totally get it! It's not easy having to postpone. We've postponed twice and hoping we don't have to do it again!

This is our reception area

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 9

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 10

Where will your wedding ceremony take place?! 11

• A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ahhhh love the scenery of your beautiful venue!! So stunning 😍

My fiancé and I live in BC but we decided to have our wedding in Alberta because our whole family live there. We decided on the Cochrane Ranchehouse after my grandma kept sending me a link to this venue but I just wasn’t sure it was my vibe! We took a tour and we fell in love! I started to tear up when I stood in the spot that I would say I do! 🥺🤍
    We are getting married September 30th 2022 (if Covid allows it lol) I don’t want to postpone so if any restrictions happen we will just go with what comes!
    Our venue has a ceremony space outside and the reception and cocktails inside! They also have a separate back up ceremony space inside if the weather isn’t good.
    Since I can’t send pictures on here.. I’ll put a link!
    Reception https://www.instagram.com/cochraneranchehouse/p/COBfZXuhNjC/?utm_medium=copy_link

Ceremony https://www.instagram.com/p/CMAU3zEhhlW/?utm_medium=copy_link

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics