Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Where will you get married?

Emilie, on January 11, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14

Hi wonderful brides and grooms!

There are plenty of people looking for the perfect venue to celebrate their wedding! Do you recommend your venue? Smiley star

Tell us the name of your venue and share your pictures! Smiley love

14 Comments

Latest activity by Brenda, on January 12, 2017 at 15:15
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Atrium is the ceremony with flora & faunaReception Chelsea Ballroom blue, silver, white birch, pinecones snowflakes, stag/deer and owls statuary with a hint of red with blue green tartan.. winter woodland theme The Atrium is quiet and relaxing with a koi pond and waterfalls for those who want a break from the crowd plus an exciting pool with a waterslide Smiley heart

Where will you get married? - 1

Where will you get married? - 2

Where will you get married? - 3

Where will you get married? - 4

Where will you get married? - 5
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OOOPS this is my bad! I forgot to put in a photo of the Church! We are getting married at Christian Victory Church which is our home church. I can't seem to find any photos of the Church inside, only on the outside!! When I am there next I will try to get some photos before or after the service and post them! - It is going to take some work to make it look nice for the wedding just because the pews are set up kind of weird but my bridal party is super creative and will help me come up with something!

However if something does happen with the Church and we did need to get married at the Hall, the chairs would be set up on the dance floor and the bar area and dj area would be covered with curtains and tables moved. I have photos of how the hall would be set up and it looks gorgeous! There is also the one photo I had already posted with the arch and the golden trees!

Backup plan for ceremony

Backup plan for ceremony

Backup plan for ceremony

Backup plan for ceremony

Backup plan for ceremony

Backup plan for ceremony

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA oh I (mostly) don't listen to US WW... I just meant that they ruined the word tacky for me!!!

But my mom did turn her nose up at a video game at the wedding at first (and probably still, but w/e), so it had me a bit concerned that everyone wouldn't think it was as awesome as I would. I assume the older guests won't care for it, but it's not for them so I don't overly care Smiley laugh

And thank you! The purple is my favourite too Smiley winking

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeah don't ever listen to the US WW! They are the worst. There are so many parts of your wedding that I love but Mario Kart is definitely up there at the top! (Just under purple Smiley winking ) It's going to be so great and something people will always remember!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our ceremony was in a conference room/small ballroom (?) at the Granville Island Hotel. It wasn't the best space but we made it work. They typically hold weddings in their hotel restaurant so we definitely pushed their boundaries! We did our best to make it look like a ceremony space with our aisle runner and bows on the chairs lining the aisle. It was a small space so we didn't want to do too much. It was nice since we were already staying at the hotel to be able to just come downstairs and get married!

Granville Island Hotel

Granville Island Hotel

We had our reception at Bridges Restaurant at Granville Island and it was the perfect space for us! We had the whole second floor of the restaurant and it overlooked the water which looked so pretty at night! They had a full kitchen and bar upstairs so it worked great for dinner service. Bridges has really nice decor already so we just added our little touches like the centerpieces and paper flowers. They even provided some extra candle votives on the tables for us! They did have a few issues with their dinner service that I've spoken to them about for future weddings but overall they were great to work with and I would highly recommend them! We had the best night and I can't imagine having our wedding anywhere else!

Room Setup

Room Setup

Table set up

Table set up

Nighttime!

Nighttime!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't even freaking wait! I honestly was a bit worried that people would think my having a video game at the wedding would be... tacky (as much as I hate that word because the US WW ruined it with it's over use and incorrect use of it). But whenever someone finds out about it people seem ridiculously excited. I mean I was going to do it regardless of what anyone else thought, but it's been one of those little things at the back of my mind. FH's family may not be as pumped though... HAHA

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Perfect! That's going to be so awesome!

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That looks perfect! I love it! Are they going to be setting up like that for your wedding? (Same draping on the ceiling, chair covers, table settings, etc?) It looks great!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In the back of this space... there's like a lounge area they set up with couches, so that will be the "gaming lounge" lol. I was worried that their projector screen was behind the dance floor, but I found out it can be moved!!! Super pumped I don't have to use a table cloth or something, HAHAHA

Reception Space

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love it! Where are you going to be setting up the Mario Kart? Smiley winking

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Century Wedding Barn , in Denfield Ontario !

Interior of the barn

Interior of the barn

More Inside of the barn

More Inside of the barn

Love the rustic look .. I cannot wait

Love the rustic look .. I cannot wait

Cocktail hour Area

Cocktail hour Area

Cocktail tables come with the venue

Cocktail tables come with the venue

The Gazebo Area, where our ceremony will take place

The Gazebo Area, where our ceremony will take place

Beautiful Chandeliers that come with the barn

Beautiful Chandeliers that come with the barn

Beautiful Main Entrance way !!

Beautiful Main Entrance way !!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're getting married at Hernders Estates Winery in St.Catharines, ON

Ceremony space

Ceremony space

Rain/bad weather backup ceremony space

Plan B

Reception Space

Reception Space

Reception Space

Reception Space

Reception Space

Reception Space

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sardis park and Yarrow hall in Chilliwack!

Where will you get married? - 1

Where will you get married? - 2
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Parkway Banquet Hall in Peterborough Ontario.

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall

Banquet hall