Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Frequent user November 2018 Alberta

Where to put the battery pack

Casey, on March 9, 2018 at 16:26 Posted in DIY 0 16
In the photos I have designed a simple centerpiece with fairy lights and pinecones. The lights have a batter pack... that is HUGE for 1 and 2 it is set on a 6hr timer so as much as I wanted to hide it in fake diamonds at the bottom I need to have access to it later in the night to turn them on again 😑😤😧 damn... any suggestions on what to do with the HUGE timer battery pack? I have like 24 of these light strings, I was hoping worse case scenario I would have to change the actual vase... does anyone k ow how easy it would be to drill a hole in glass? I feel like I just F'd myself

Where to put the battery pack 1

Where to put the battery pack 2

16 Comments

Latest activity by Candace, on March 23, 2018 at 12:15
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could probably hide it right under the pinecones at the top, it may take some time to play around with it enough. I saw pictures like this where someone added some material in with as well to help hide the battery pack!

You could also possible look at painting it to look like a pine cone to help blend it in as well

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is exactly what I'm wanting to do for my centerpieces... One thing I saw someone do was do an ombre-fade spray paint in silver or gold at the bottom... So you can't see in the bottom 2-3 inches of the vase... Or wrap in fabric so you don't lose the diamonds? You could always spray them and then spread the diamonds on the table around the centrepiece?

• Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing something similar but I used moss at the bottom of the vases to hide the battery packs. Not exactly what you are going for but it works for me.
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I can’t help with the ease of turning it on but you could always wrap the battery pack in some sort of fabric Smiley smile
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Brown burlap would work perfect to cover the battery pack and blend well with the pinecones.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I think that looks really good! My one suggestion would be to add another piece of burlap further down just to balance it all!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Good idea! I was thinking the same thing where it should be at the top, especially if there's going to be several centerpieces.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay! Love burlap, we were gonna use it on the tables for a thin runner so I guess I'll have to buy more so I can wrap these battery packs lol
    I just really didn't want to have to hot glue the pack to the outside cause I wanna use them again with other stuff
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love these lights! Literally the same ones I am using for our centrepieces! We will be wrappinthe battery pack in burlap!

I really like how the green burlap looks in your photo!
  • Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The burlap totally works!!

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ps these look awesome!
  • Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the burlap is awesome! I was going to suggest some tule but the burlap works well too!
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The green burlap is the same green as the bridesmaid dresses so I can o my hope the pop of colour doesn't look toooo random

Where to put the battery pack 3

Where to put the battery pack 4
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Could you hide it in the bottom—put more of the crystals in it and bury the battery pack in there. Or wrap it in silver ribbon (or another colour that suits your theme)
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I could try fiddling with placement, it does fit like perfectly straight in so I'm not sure if the pinecones would fit on either side cause of their fatness lol
  • Sarah
    Curious November 2018 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Its hard to see how big the vase is, but could you have the battery pack at the top and hide it in the middle of the pinecones. You might have to take out a couple of pinecones to get to it, but it may be worth it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics