Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Frequent user May 2018 Ontario

Where to do pictures if it rains?

Stephanie, on April 16, 2018 at 12:26 Posted in Before the wedding 0 12

What is your back up plan in case it rains on your wedding day? if the pictures were supposed to be outside, where will you relocate them to?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Lyla, on April 17, 2018 at 02:27
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think we’ll have everything moved to our reception and either setup chairs or have guests sit at the tables. I haven’t thought too much into it, I live in a small town that doesn’t have much for beautiful indoor open spaces so that would be quite a pickle. Haha I hadn’t thought about pictures until now.. I’d lose my mind 🤯
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has a really nice indoor ceremony space. We will do our photos in there if it rains, and in the cafe in the same building. I think I would still take some outdoor pictures too, just not as many and I would stay close!

We actually met with our photographers at our venue, the first meeting, and one of them said she had really good ideas for pictures in the space! Part of the reason I really wanted to hire them!

This is the inside of our venue; I actually want to take pictures in here even if it is nice outside!

Where to do pictures if it rains? 1

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue has some rooms that we aren't using for the reception/ceremony(if its not nice enough to have it outside). They have a lot of woods, windows and stone walls so I think it'll be okay to do it inside.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our plan is to either do them in the rain or move them indoors to the art gallery where we plan to get married.

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2020 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just booked a gazebo that is on a municipal park area as our backup.
    Our wedding is originally on our yard as we have a few acres, but I’f it rains then we’ll head there and do the ceremony and maybe photos under the gazebo. I will also be trying to find an oversized clear umbrella for photos if the rain doesn’t let up.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be checking the weather network like crazy before my wedding lol and if it rains I still want pictures outside so we’ll most likely get umbrellas and tough it out just depends how heavy the rain is but I’m just trying to think positive!
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our backup plan for the ceremony if it rains is a tent. I’m not sure what we’ll do for photos. I like the clear umbrella idea...just embrace it
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie! I had lots and lots of rain on my wedding day! We just moved everything inside and found the prettiest corner of my wedding venue for pictures!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

January in Vancouver! Our Plan A is rainy photos! Haha, we will be pleasantly surprised if it's sunny or snowing.

We have several indoor/under cover spots at our venue, and our #1 photographer choice right now has alright worked there, in December, so it's very appealing to have her know her way around, and how to avoid the weather.

This is the balcony at my venue, this would be my ideal weather situation, snow on the ground, and partly sunny/light cloud coverage.

Where to do pictures if it rains? 2

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We planned to do photos under the porch next to the house or in the barn had it rained for our wedding.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly have no idea what our back up is. Maybe we should start thinking about this!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Some are supposed to be outside, we will be getting a bunch of clear umbrellas and doing them outside still. Unless the rain is too heavy then we will just do it in the main location and try for outdoors later or just get rid completely.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics