Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sarah
Newbie August 2018 Ontario

Where is the best place to book a honeymoon?

Sarah, on December 3, 2017 at 21:14 Posted in Honeymoon 0 19

I grew up in the Bahamas, so we want to do something different (we go back to visit my sister a lot). Brock and I are both Canadian.

We don't want to spend a lot, but we made our wedding gifts a "Wish-Registry" to help us towards our honeymoon and house renovations. (We lost our house this year Spring 2017 to the all the flooding in Constance Bay Ontario).

So needless to say, we want somewhere that we can relax, preferably in a hot climate where we can tan! Very Private maybe where you have rooms on the water, or in a cabana, not really wanting to be in small hotel rooms like sardines. We are adventurous and like to explore! Thinking about a full 2 Weeks for our Honey Moon! Smiley smile

Open to tons of suggestions Smiley smile

19 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on January 8, 2018 at 13:20
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

OMG that sounds AMAZING! Thank you all so much!

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Also - we're going to Indonesia for our honeymoon. It'll be a full 3 weeks and pricey but we can't wait.

I would also recommend checking out Nicaragua... specifically an eco lodge called Buena Vista Surf Club. It's GORGEOUS (you get your own little hut with an AMAZING view) and just steps away from a cute little beach. When the tide is low you can walk across some rocks to another little beach that is practically deserted except for a little hut where they serve super cheap beers. They do yoga and surf lessons through the hotel and there's a bus that goes into a main town of Saun Juan.

They can also help you find tours to go see sea turtles and other things. Hands down my favourite trip I did with my partner... its cheaper and less touristy then costa rica but very similar.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I went to Curacao last year on a holiday with my partner. It's LOVELY. Everyone speaks english too (Dutch Colony) so its super easy to find your way around. Snorkeling and diving was great there.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

We are leaving from Fort Lauderdale and from there we stop at Amber Cove, Dominican Republic; Grand Turk; Half Moon Cay (Our cruise lines private island); and Nassau, Bahamas! We also have one day at sea before we head back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida! Then we are renting a car and driving 3 hours to Orlando to spend 6 days in Disney World!!! We are so excited, everytime I think about it I start to cry because I cant believe that it is actually happening!!!

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooohh where is your cruise taking place? Sounds amazing!
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going on a cruise! It provides the excitement of waking up in a new place everyday and the romance of a honeymoon! You can also make it as adventourous as youd like or as laid back as you would like!

• Jenna
    Newbie March 2018 Ontario
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would even think outside the box a bit. Sounds like you like to be a bit adventurous but still want that romantic vacation away with hubby. Would you ever consider going to Europe? Portugal, Spain, Greece & Croatia both have fantastic beaches. A mix of culture, nightlife and that relaxing time that you want on a honeymoon.

Especially because your used to the islands, every Caribbean island starts to look the same after a while. When your looking into Hawaii or the over water bungalows in the Maldives or even Bora Bora, you'll end up spending the same amount as to get to Europe.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

No problem! We were thinking about it, but weren't prepared to spend the money or the travel time (something like 24 hours to get there) on this trip, but it's definitely on our bucket list of locations!

• Jes G.
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Jes G. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would totally recommend Jamaica!! I went this past September and we were luckily away from where all of the hurricanes were happening and it was perhaps my most favourite trip to date! The food, people and beaches were all gorgeous. Our hotel was situated a little ways away from the touristy spots which I really liked but there were options to do excursions. Honestly can’t wait for the next time I’m back there! Jamaica is on the hurricane belt so not sure when you’re planning on booking your honey moon but that’s definitely something to consider. It’s a little bit more than Cuba or the DR but totally worth it I think!
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hawaii is a beautiful choice. I know they have those nice private rooms on the water. Can’t go wrong !
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem! I hope you find the perfect place to go to! The only downfall is you have to cook and clean a little bit but that's not a huge make or break I think.
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Bethany!! That would be so fun renting a house! I will check it out, thanks again!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for the Tips! I have only heard of Air BNB So I will check this out!! appreciate the long answer Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ohhh I will check that out! Thanks so much!

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank You!! I was looking there soooo beautiful!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's expensive, but the Maldives have those overwater bungalows you can rent. It's very private and the pictures are all gorgeous.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've heard great things about Curaçao. Lots to do and very beautiful.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

VRBO (vacation rental by owner). I've heard mostly good about it. You rent someone's place, so you do have to cook your own meals, and it's typically more in the city than along the beach. My co-worker goes to Costa Rica regularly and rents through VRBO.

All-inclusive resorts are usually pretty good as well. I went to Cuba for just over $500, that included round-trip flight, all-inclusive resort, shuttle from and to airport.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've always wanted to go to Bermuda! Sorry I don't have any tips on where to go there but have heard nothing but good things from a friend who lives there. Or Hawaii! You can rent a house for a week that way you have tons of space 😊

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics