Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding?

Hank, on July 14, 2020 at 17:55 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 13

Hi everyone!

What type of venue are you envisioning for your wedding ceremony and reception? Will you hold everything in one spot or will you split the two events to different locations? Depending on when and where you're getting married, there are so many options.

How many of you will have a religious ceremony in a chapel?

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 1

Or perhaps a grand cathedral?

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 2

Keeping it country with a farm wedding

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 3

Or take it outside to a garden.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 4

Same with a golf course.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 5

Under the sunny skies of a beach.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 6

A gazebo makes for a nice outdoor covering for those not a fan of too much sun.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 7

Or you can really embrace nature.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 8

Maybe you'll just elope!

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 9

How about the reception? Where do you want to eat and dance the night away?

Would you go for a convention style banquet hall that you can outfit to your exact specifications?

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 10

Maybe you have a restaurant you absolutely love.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 11

Or an old fashioned brewery/pub to keep things rustic.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 12

Keep it really intimate in a small restaurant.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 13

Stay rustic with a barn reception.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 14

You can enjoy the outdoors with nice ballrooms in a country club.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 15

Perhaps a historical building, like an old hotel?

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 16

Maybe the grand ballroom in a swanky hotel?

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 17

So where do you envision your wedding? Show us some pictures of your venue or post some inspiration pics to give us an idea of what you have in mind.

13 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on July 16, 2020 at 11:41
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! I honestly can't wait for next summer! These pictures don't do this venue justice!

• Tay
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is breathtaking! I wish I was in BC!
  • Tay
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow! Absolutely stunning. Going to be a magical winter wedding. That staircase shot will be amazing! It's great that each part of your wedding will be held in seperate spaces and no waiting to transform the room.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! These pictures don't do this venue justice! I can't wait to see what our pictures look like next year! I've been dreaming of getting married at this winery since I was little!

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This place is gorgeous! Love the different structures and heights, You'll definitely get some great photos out of this.

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If you can afford it, I highly recommend staying the night. We went during the winter and the outdoor pools were so comfortable and relaxing. Even a meal or just a drink in the restaurant seated next to the window overlooking the waterfall feels like bliss.

My wedding will be held at a country club. We like how they only book one party per day so no guests from other events stumbling into ours or vice versa. And we would get access to all of their different event rooms, which are all connected to a common lobby, so no running around random hallways or up and down any flights of stairs to get anywhere. We also like that it's contemporary and how both of the main event spaces have floor to ceiling windows for natural light.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 18

Gotta love the stairwell wedding photo Smiley laugh

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 19

They have a library that's used as the bridal suite, which also has a private en-suite bathroom. It could also be divided up (you can see where the partition goes on the ceiling) if we choose to have the guys get ready there as well.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 20

Because we're planning a winter wedding and we knew we wouldn't want to be outside, we needed an indoor ceremony space. Unlike a lot of places where they would flip the ballroom from the ceremony to reception, ours have a dedicated space for ceremonies with a balcony that allows our photographer to get arial shots. They do have outdoor ceremony spaces too but we personally didn't explore it.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 21

There's also a separate room for the cocktail hour that's connected to the main ballroom. This allows our guests to enter the ballroom while we prep ourselves in the lobby, away from the group, for our grand entrance.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 22

The ballroom has floor to ceiling windows, which we really like. The soft light and gold furniture gives it a certain hotel-like character so we don't need to do much to spruce the place up but it's also flexible enough with the white walls that you can incorporate any colour scheme into it.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 23

Even though we didn't want an outdoor ceremony, we do want a few outdoor winter photos, and one of the our draws to this place is that they're connected to a golf course, which they run. Even if weather conditions make it so we can't take pictures safely on the grounds, there's still a balcony attached to the ballroom as well as a gazebo outside just steps away from the entrance of the club where we can get some winter pictures in an outside setting.

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 24

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 25

• Sasha
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had our religious ceremony in the chapel in June! It was beautiful. What will you be doing?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had 1 venue for the ceremony and reception being out in the nature and then indoors with lots of light coming through. Its the same view as Amanda with a different set up.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is my venue for ceremony and reception!

Summerhill Pyramid Winery in Kelowna BC

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 26

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 27

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 28

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 29

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 30

Where Are You Holding Your Wedding? 31

• Tay
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh nice to hear from someone who has actually visited the place! I'm debating about staying the night but that hot pool sounds tempting! I've actually driven there the last 3 weeks just to show people the grounds lol. Looking forward to some awesome photos as well. Crossing fingers no rain.

Tell us about your wedding Hank!
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh, I took my fiancee to Millcroft for an anniversary dinner and spa session a few years back. Loved the space. Your pictures will be beautiful. And if you're staying there the night before, you get to relax in the hot pool before the wedding!
  • K
    Devoted August 2021 Nova Scotia
    Kl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So many enticing options here!

I’m mixing things up a bit. We’re holding the entire event at an old hotel. We’ll have a ballroom reception but (weather permitting) our ceremony will be outdoors in their rooftop patio / garden.
  • Tay
    Tay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to have a rustic barn wedding with a garden like ceremony. I didn't get exactly what I wanted as none of the venue's I saw had exactly all the elements I was looking for or were pricy. I ended up deciding on a garden ceremony with a waterfall and forest back drop and some hidden spots. The reception space is a bit of vintageish rustic feel with stone walls. I still dream about what it would have been like to combine all the elements of the different venues that I liked together. I didn't take any pictures of the venue but here is the weddingwire link that showcases the outside of the property https://www.weddingwire.ca/hotel-weddings/millcroft-inn-&-spa--e11860/real-weddings

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics