Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hank
Featured September 2021 Ontario

Where are grooms getting their suits/tuxes?

Hank, on April 22, 2020 at 20:42 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

Just curious as to where the grooms are getting their suits or tuxes for the big day. How much are you spending? I originally budgeted $300 for a tuxedo rental but may splurge for a custom suit. Any decent suit will cost me $700+ but at least it's something I can reuse.

Also, are you getting all accessories (shirt, ties, cufflinks, etc) in one spot or shopping around at different places?

For those who are buying, are you getting off the rack or custom?

14 Comments

Latest activity by Ashley, on May 18, 2020 at 15:34
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Moores was $200 and change and it came with everything. tie, pocket square, socks, pants, shirt, vest, jacket etc

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're renting ours from Moores

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My DH and his groomsmen all got custom suits from Moores Smiley smile Since we got the wedding show discount from the 2018 show, we were able to pay like $700 after tax I believe.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It wasn't tuxedo royale for sure. Tip Top Tailors was the store. Its great to have a suit though its already 2 years in abd he hasn't worn the suit since the wedding to any function.
  • V
    Frequent user September 2021 Ontario
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé got a custom suit! From Moore’s. $700.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're renting suits from Collins Formalwear (which is part of the Freeman group). They have everything he needs but I might do some shopping around to see if I can find some fun ties or something. It's $237 after taxes.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I honestly have no idea - I just know his is simple black and our best man has a grey tux.

They were pretty affordable but they only have one location that does fittings out in Scarborough.
  • Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I originally booked an appointment with Freeman but had to reschedule due to the State of Emergency and closure of non-essential businesses. Which tux did your fiancé end up getting?

• Hank
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure your husband can re-wear the suit for other business functions or attending other weddings/formal events. $200 is quite a deal for a suit.

Did you end up buying at Tuxedo Royale? I think the only location that's still in operation is their head office. That being said, I will definitely not consider for any rentals from Tuxedo Royale and I would urge everyone here the same. They royally screwed over (pin intended) hundreds of couples of their money and clothes last year when they suddenly closed most of their shops and refused refunds for any previous payments and orders that they couldn't complete. It was all over the news.

• Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got everything from different places!
    FH went to Indochino. We are not doing tuxes, he got a custom suit and custom shirt. I can’t remember how much it was exactly but I believe it was around 700? Or so I was told 😂For ties we got them at Moore’s. We waited for a sale and bought all the groomsmen's ties at the same time. I want to say they came under 150 for 6? Same with the socks for the boys. Handkerchiefs I ordered them online from Ali express and was a steal! although with the pandemic not sure if they would arrive on time now!Shoes, he is likely wearing a pair he already owns.
  • Britt
    Frequent user July 2020 Alberta
    Britt ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went to Moore's. Guys are renting their suits, but we bought their ties (the colour I wanted wasn't available to rent, but they had the exact colour to buy). We are having a summer wedding so we opted for the guys to go without a jacket, although FH will have a full tux. It also came with cufflinks, boutonniere & socks (keep those) & shoes, suspenders.
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re renting tuxes through Freeman? I think.

FH originally wanted a custom tux but it was going to cost 3k so we politely passed on that and rented instead.
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re renting with Moores
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When it was time to go suit shopping for my husband 2 weeks before the day, the price of rental was the same as purchasing of $200. He ended up buying his suit and all the accessories were bought online and shoes he had already. Tuxedo royale is one place that you can inquire about suit or tux rental that includes all the accessories. I felt it was better to rent then thinking of him not wearing the suit since the wedding day.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics