Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

When was your first fight?

Sinéad, on November 18, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 16

Having disagreements is part and parcel with any relationship, but do you remember your very first fight? Did one of you forget the others’ birthday, or did you get caught in a little white lie? Is it so long ago that you don’t even remember anymore?

Can you recall your very first fight?

Next Question: When did you meet each other’s family?

Back to the Beginning: Your Relationship Timeline!

16 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 10:45
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That was over 8 years ago! I can't really remember when our first fight was but I can tell you it was probably about something stupid.. I was 18 years old and dramatic lol

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first time moving my stuff into his home as i owned lots of clothes and things that were kept in totes neatly.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t remember.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I honestly cannot remember. It was probably something stupid
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was about 6 months in. I had a trip planned long before meeting him to visit my sister in Australia for a month with my brother. It was over something stupid to do with the time difference and the lack of communication we would have. But we made it work ( either me getting up earlier or him staying up later). We joke about it all the time now!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yeesh I have no idea and no clue what it was about.

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly any fight we've had is usually over silly little things. We can deal with big issues no problem.
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ditto. We don't really fight....there are hiccups and disagreements on things, but it's more of a civil debate or a discussion to resolve it than a fight.

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Over the course of our relationship we have had some misunderstandings for sure but never any really big blow ups. I was really clear when we made things “official” that if we didn’t have proper communication and were not open with each other it would not work for me. As these were major issues in my previous relationship, lying and keeping secrets definite deal breakers for me. With that being said, the only time I really blew up at him was a few days after getting out of the hospital with our son, recovering from a c-section and his buddies decided they wanted to take him out for some celebratory drinks. Needless to say days of no sleep mixed with a painful abdomen did not make me the sweetest person when they dropped him off past the time we agreed upon and drunk out of his mind! I had no problem with him going for a few drinks, but I specifically asked him to be back to help with our sons midnight feeding, as lifting and bending and just moving after a c-section was impossible. I can say after that night he learned his lesson and did not make the same mistake after our second son was born! LOL!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No idea - we honestly don’t really fight
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We never had any big fights (and hope that continues!) but our first fight was in summer of 2016 when he was leaving soon to go to Hamilton for work training for 2 months. We were arguing because I didn't think he was really going to go at first (he originally applied for the job to see how far in the process he'd get). It was more me being emotional since I was going to miss him vs. being actually mad he was advancing his career.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the first actual fight was probably after we moved in together, we've argued over minor things but we don't really fight often

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It wasn't a fight really, but I'd gotten upset, maybe a monthish into our relationship and we were out shopping and he wasn't completely paying attention and he walked away from me and I was just really emotional and flustered that day and i was like "Stop walking away from me!"

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was like 3 weeks into our relationship and 2 months into knowing each other. It wasn't really a fight - more like I got pissed off cause I didn't realize he had recently come out of a relationship before we started dating. Wasn't a big deal once I understood the situation.

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmm it was probably 2 weeks into dating. It was not a huge fight, just our first misunderstanding and we fixed it up real quick.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well... that would have been about 2 weeks into our GF/BF relationship status... it was really bad. I ended up ignoring all his texts and calls and in the end he showed up at my house (parents house really) with a big apology and we were all good Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics