Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

When was your first date?

Sinéad, on November 18, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 19

How soon after meeting did you have your first date? Who asked who? Do you remember what you did? Were you nervous? We want to know everything!

Spill the beans on your first date!!

Next Question: When did you say ‘I love you’?

Back to the Beginning: Your Relationship Timeline!

19 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 10:43
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was May 20 - 23rd. He invited me to spend a weekend partying at his family cottage for May 24. This is the weekend we officially started dating

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did eat together every evening at home or go for fast food. Nothing of a real date per say.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The following week, July 9, 2015. He did the typical wait three days to ask me out and we set up a date for a few days later. I had just started a two-week stint on afternoons and didn’t want to wait two weeks! So we arranged for my evening off.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was a couple of months after meeting. We met in May started going out at the end of July
  • Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were friends for a solid year before he actually asked me out on a date.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went for dinner at a little Italian place by where I used to live. It had really good food and we ate outside on the patio.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first date was just coffee. I would say the first real one was just before Christmas, we hung out at his place and then went to see a movie
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

February 2010. Technically our first date was meeting for coffee then going for a walk. But our first official date as a couple was a little later. We went to see Shutter Island lol.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 2009. We went to what is now our favorite pizza place and ended up playing video games with friends after getting caught in torrential rain. I still beat him up for not kissing me in that amazing movie rain...
  • BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Very bold move/plan. Family on the first date. Smiley laugh

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't remember the exact date, but it was about two weeks after we met....so mid-April 2014. We did rock climbing at his suggestion, but he thought the staff would belay (safety anchor/watch the lines) for each of us. Nope! We had to for each other. Talk about a trust exercise right out of the gate Smiley xd

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is a little difficult as after our first meeting I had to go back to work the next day, and he was leaving within the next couple of days to go back out west. So our friendship continued over phone calls and texts and then in September 2009 I was transferred out west for my job. So a long eight months after meeting one time he took me out to show me around his city, and my new home.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first date was October 13, 2015 which is our dating anniversary. We went to a coffee shop that was open until 10 pm - we ended up closing the place down - the barista came over to us after we've been there for 3 hours to tell us they were now closing - it felt like we were only there for 30 minutes!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our official first date was two months into our relationship, though we did go to a christmas parade a few days after we started dating, and our school's semi formal winter dance (though he technically already was bringing a friend as his "date")

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was the same day that we first met, April 15, 2016.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started talking on September 3rd, 2010 and had our first date on September 5th, 2010 - we’ve been together ever since!
  • Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

October 11 2016! A week after we started talking on Tinder. We went out for dinner and continued to talk and talk so much that we eventually got the stink eye from our server to leave.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Same as previous - July 2017.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just about 5 or 6 hours later he took me out on a mini date to McDonalds Smiley tongue But then the next day we went on a more official date to his cousin's steak and spud fundraiser - met that half of the family REAL QUICK! haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics