Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jane Rouhinen
Beginner February 2022 Ontario

When to start planning

Jane Rouhinen, on February 4, 2020 at 10:14 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 20
I'm just curious. What is everyone's opinion on planning a wedding 2 years in advance. To early or just on time.

Our date February 5 2022

20 Comments

Latest activity by Rayanne, on February 5, 2020 at 10:20
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm looking at doing first look pictures on the horse and carriage ride in niagara on the lake. Not bothering with a limo just drive ourselves. Then the butterfly conservatory for some indoor pics.
  • Jane Rouhinen
    Jane Rouhinen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have no idea yet. We only have our photographer for 5 hours. So I'm trying to kind of plan around that. As I want him to do certain things at the reception. Where are you planning on getting photos taken? My photographer suggested the Butterfly Conservatory But now I'm having trouble finding a limo that's less than $500 to get there and back to do the photos.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the twinkle lights but I don't think you'll need them in the daytime. What time were you thinking of having the ceremony?
  • Jane Rouhinen
    Jane Rouhinen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's what I'm thinking about doing. I've got a few different photos to choose fromWhen to start planning 1

When to start planning 2

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Could you maybe put up some sheer curtain so it blocks the look of driveway but light still comes in?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our ceremony is in the room without a window. I didn't even look at another room. I'm really not going to dress it up too much since I only want a short ceremony. I figure for the 20 minutes we'll be there I can deal with the room. I might do some flowers on some kind of pillar. Going between pillars my mom already has and making some I saw on pinterest. I can have someone bring them to the Niagara room after and have them at the entrance way.
  • Jane Rouhinen
    Jane Rouhinen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are also having ours in the Niagara room. And we're having the ceremony itself in the room with the window.
    I'm not a big fan of the look of it. With a parking lot right behind me. And the Big Exit Sign. So right now I'm trying to find a way to make it lok nicer but keep the light coming in.
    When to start planning 3

• Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which room did you book?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having ours in the Niagara room. It's the best way to keep our guest count down. A friend of mine had her wedding there in the summer and it was amazing, food was so good, it was a really nice wedding.
  • Jane Rouhinen
    Jane Rouhinen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You're having it at the Americana as well. Are you having it in the grand ballroom with a Niagara room?
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having our wedding there February 20 next year. I started planning about two years in advance. I'm just coming up to the year mark.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats a great time you have tons of time to save and pay off vendors slowly!!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thats about right. Whats nice about being that far out, is you basically have your pick of vendors.

• Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not early at all.. especially if you want a certain venue, or vender etc
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There isn't ever a starting time for wedding planning process. Its when you want to take the first step. 2 years seems long right now and when you get to a year time with half the planning completed. You will have your vendor team set along with your colours/theme.

When we were ready (Hubby at the time agreed to a small wedding), the planning started 18 months as of April 2016. He didn't do much until towards the end to pay for the rings and Officiant. The rest was taken care by myself of purchases, rentals (helped by parents and outfit bought), details put together with some help of in laws.

• Melissa
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning now for Sept 2021 and already have our venue, catering, furniture and day-of coordinator! And we aren’t even officially engaged yet (lol). No harm in starting early as it’ll give you less to be stressed about as the day creeps nearer.
  • Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started planning 25 months in advance!! go for it!!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Not too early on the BIG stuff like venue - but I would try and wait on things like decor and your dress until the 1 year mark to make sure style doesn't change/ your taste doesn't change.

• Jane Rouhinen
    Jane Rouhinen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a very good point in regards to dress. But now you're just making me think. Should I have waited on the venue? We are having our wedding at the Americana Resort in Niagara Falls, Ontario.
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't think that too early is a thing for the big stuff. You can lock in the 2020 pricing on venues and photographers now and potentially save a lot of money. Still do research and don't feel like you need to rush into anything if you're not ready or aren't sure yet.
    I would wait on decor and the dress until closer to the year/year and a half mark because styles and trends can change, and by 2021 you might find this years trendy dress on clearance!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics