Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Devoted September 2019 Ontario

When to send save the Dates?

Bianca, on November 1, 2018 at 14:31 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12
Hey Ladies, We Just had our Engagement Photo Shoot done! We are getting married September 21st 2019... when should we send out our save the dates?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Amanda, on November 6, 2018 at 19:46
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it depends on you and your guests!

Half our guest list is outside of the country and require visas to come, so we've decided to send out the Save the Dates now, like actually now, I'm stuffing the envelopes tomorrow, they'll be in the mail Thursday!

(our date is October 19, 2019)

Ultimately the choice is yours! There's really no rules to weddings, it's all on you!

• Emily
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hey! If you have the pictures you want to use, send them whenever. It’ll get everyone excited for your big day. We’re getting married June 30/19 and we just sent out the last batch of them last weekend
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    An early notice of rhe wedding day can be sent month early since next year all guests can make plans for september and expect the invite 2 months beforehand with all the information.
  • Katelyn
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its customary to do save the dates 6 months before and invites 4 months before.
  • Hailey
    Beginner May 2022 Ontario
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have SO many out of town guests (all of our old friends, and my entire family). So we are sending ours out at Christmas for May 2020. There are over 100 people who need to travel, this just gives them all a big heads up!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were getting married in May 2019 and we sent ours in August!!! So 8 ish months ahead? I would send in the new year for your date! Can even give some out at Christmas if you're seeing family!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sending mine out in January/February, and we are getting married October 19, 2019.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you have your engagement photos, and you know your date, you can send then any time... but unless you have an abundance of out of town guests, I agree with Tori, wait til around Christmas or just after.

I sent out save the dates in July for my January wedding (only 7 months out), and my invites went out between 3-4 months. My venue only needs my final numbers 72 hours out though, so my RSVP deadline is New Years Eve, giving guests a full 3 months, which to me is beyond plenty.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be getting married on October 5th next year and plan on sending out the Save the Dates in-between English Christmas and Ukrainian Christmas. I would say that at the latest I would send them out is 9 months to your wedding day - so basically send them out around Christmas. I say this because for example: I will be doing this, and then sending out our invitations at approximately the 6 month mark (April 5th) which I will end up giving out at Easter (April 21st/28th) with a deadline of the 4 month mark (June 5th) so that I can send out more invitations based on how many people decline in their RSVP's so that the new and last RSVP date will be at our 2 month mark (August 5th).

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married Oct 4 next year and plan to send out our Save The Dates just after Christmas! Our Invitations will then go out in June once we pick our food choices.

• Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    (“Early” meaning sometime early next year).
  • Rachael
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are getting married next October and we mailed our save the dates during the summer. This way it gives guests who are flying in from overseas (or those who may need to know way in advance for other reasons) time to plan around the wedding.

I would send them out before the end of 2018, otherwise you may as well just hold off and send out your invitations early instead.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics