Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Mirna
Newbie December 2018 British Columbia

When to send out invites?

Mirna, on February 26, 2018 at 23:35 Posted in Wedding reception 0 11
My wedding reception is a month after my wedding ceremony which 11 months away. I am only going to have my closest family at ceremony but my recpetion will have about 100 people. When should I send out my invites for that? I'M doing it through Facebook too!!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Mirna, on March 23, 2018 at 14:58
  • Mirna
    Mirna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! I think I'll be doing the 6 months Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would send out 4 months prior and if your doing through facebook you could do it 6 months even

• Kat
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Jessica, I'm so sorry I didn't see this message until now!! However good news I just sent mine out on Wednesday of last week!
  • Mirna
    Mirna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think yours is just fine. Mine is like 11 months away and I have put my RSVP deadline almost a month prior (in Decemeber)because we will be away and would rather do it before Christmas so that people can arrange their schedules and what works best. I read somewhere that 4-6 months is good enough. I'm not sending out "save the date" cutting that cost but just making a private Facebook event.
  • Jessica
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask when your RSVP deadline date is? I am actually getting married Sept 2, and we are hoping to our invites mailed out before mid April. I have put the RSVP deadline as June 2. We do have quite a bit of OOT guests and was wondering if this was too early?

• Kat
    Curious September 2018 Manitoba
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married September 8th and our invites are going out next week!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We get married June 9th and sent our our invites at the end of January. If you have a lot of out of town guests coming i'd say give them at least 4 months notice.

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Mirna! I would still make the RSVP due date one month before your wedding reception date. Sending your invites out 2-3 months before the reception will give your guests plenty of time to respond!

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say 3 months before for the reception, depending if you did save the dates or not. I didn't do save the dates, and I had some people from out of the country invited, so I decided to send out invites 6 months before. If most people are local though, than 3 months should be plenty.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My cousin did something similar (reception months after the ceremony), and she sent out her invites 2 months prior to the reception.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a lot of out of town guests so we sent out save the dates 10 months prior to the wedding and are sending the invitations about 3 months before.

But, I have seen people not do save the dates and then send the invitations about 6 months before.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics