Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katrina
Beginner June 2024 Quebec

When to send out invitations? Ceremony & Reception

Katrina, on May 24, 2023 at 13:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi community!

I am getting married next year June 1st 2024.I overheard that it’s best to send out the invitations (ceremony and reception) 6 months ahead. So January 2024? However .. I will be having two separate invitations as some guests are not invited to the reception. Of course I would LOVE to invite everyone but it’s not in our budget.
Also if anyone has any suggestions of companies that could create the invitations. I was thinking of using Canva.

10 Comments

Latest activity by Marie-france, on May 29, 2023 at 19:50
  • Marie-france
    Newbie June 2024 Ontario
    Marie-france ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Good afternoon Katrina,

I suggest Optimal print as there are a lot of specials for all kinds of events and so it is a lot cheaper than Vista print. I am also getting married in June 2024. I will be sending out my save the dates in November 2023 and RSVP in January 2024.

Kind regards,

Marie

• Jackie
    Devoted September 2023 Alberta
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did Save the Dates about 7 months out, and invitations now (4 months out). Ours is a destination wedding for all of my FH's family and friends so we wanted to give them lots of time to plan.

I used VistaPrint for mine and ADORE them.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Carine!

Thanks for the suggestion!
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I sent out my STD one year ahead to give out of towners time to plan and a heads up.

Then I would send your actual invitations 3-4 months to give time to book flights and hotel.

• Mila
    Frequent user October 2023 Ontario
    Mila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All our guests are travelling and we sent the save the dates 11 months before, and invitations 5 months out because about half our guests started asking 6-7 months out.
    We ordered the save the dates and invitations from Zazzle, but had to make changes to the invitations and second time around ordered them via Walmart.
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think 6 months is too far in advance. You could send out save the dates a year out and then your actual invites. Typically invites go out 3-4 months before hand
  • Arden
    Curious July 2023 British Columbia
    Arden ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is in July and we sent Save the Dates out in January and our wedding invitations the first week of May. Our wedding invite RSVP date is one month before the wedding. We got our invites via Shutterfly! They have some awesome sales that we took advantage of.

• Katrina
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much!
    I totally forgot about the save the dates invitations 😅
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Katrina,

We sent our save the dates out about 1 year before and for our August 2022 wedding, we had invites out in May so roughly 3 months before. To be honest, if you send invites out too early, sometimes people forget but save the dates are always helpful! We used invitations off of Etsy, turned out beautiful.

• Brittany
    Featured August 2023 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

6 months is way too much time. If you want to give people a heads up, I suggest doing save the dates a year to 6 months out then send your invites max 12 weeks before the wedding.

Our wedding is a destination wedding for everyone so we sent save the dates a year in advance, so last August. We sent invites out at 14 weeks instead because we have our RSVP date a month and a half before the wedding date because I need to get place cards.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics