Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marina
Newbie August 2021 Ontario

When is the best time to tip?

Marina, on July 6, 2021 at 21:02 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
If you are planning to tip some of your vendors, when is the right time? If it is monetary do you give it with the final payment? Or do you send something later in a thank you card? I am only going to tip the vendors who have been going above and beyond, but so far it is every vendor! Like others have said, tipping adds up fast and our venue did not include a gratuity fee in our contract so what do we even do with that?! Any advice would be appreciated!!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on July 18, 2021 at 13:33
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The wedding day is the best day to tip your vendors. You can buy Thank you cards to give them with a cheque or cash included to show your appreciation for their services. The card responsibility can be on someone you trust and make sure its given to the right vendors as it will be written on the outside. A personal message is also nice as I did put You made the day special with your services.
  • Christina
    Beginner September 2021 Alberta
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t even know you had to tip vendors! Which ones do you typically tip? I just did a quick search and they literally listed everything which seems a bit much. Like hair / makeup I get, same with catering staff but the band? The officiant? That seems weird to me. Anyone have some further advice on this?
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wrote our cheques for our vendors and put them in envelopes that were clearly labelled with who they were to go to. Then I handed them over to my planner on the day of and she gave them to the proper people as they finished setting up their parts since I was getting ready at a different location and couldn't do it myself. Which I probably would've done even if I was getting ready at the same location so it wasn't something I had to worry about.
    For the ones that went above and beyond, I sent a little gift and a handwritten thank you note the following week.
  • C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yup cash. We only had two vendors at the wedding though that we needed to prepare that for so it was manageable haha. I spent a long time trying to figure out who you typically tip and who not but luckily our venue costs included gratuities so that was a big one we didn't need to worry about.
  • Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Prepare a few cheques separately just for tips and have it ready on the day of. One the day of, give that cheque along with whatever final payment together in an envelope. I don't want to carry hundreds of dollars in cash. If cash goes missing, that's it. If a cheque goes missing, no one but the recipient can cash it.

• Marina
    Newbie August 2021 Ontario
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Okay that's good to know! Yeah, I don't want to tip ahead of time for that exact reason haha!! Did you tip all of your vendors in cash or did you send other types of thank you gifts to some?

• C
    Super December 2020 Ontario
    Carmel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the cash ready for the end of the night - in our mind the tip was for an exceptional service the night of, so we didn't want to give it in advance incase they sucked 😅 (to be blunt); they all rocked!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics