Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Megan
Curious July 2020 British Columbia

When do you take off your ring

Megan, on November 19, 2019 at 11:03 Posted in Beauty 0 19
What circumstances do you guys take off your rings? Like I’ll take mine off when I shower or wash dishes, but I’ve heard you’re also supposed to take it off when you sleep? What do you ladies do?

19 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on January 13, 2020 at 13:16
  • Taylor
    Beginner September 2021 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off quite a bit. For example:
    Doing dishes
    ShoweringCleaning the bathroom Handling raw meatsSwimmingAnd before bed
  • Cockerton
    Curious October 2022 Ontario
    Cockerton ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Pretty much the same as others... to sleep, shower, when I am cooking and when I work out.
  • Jo-Ann
    Curious July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Jo-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off when around water or the beach, housework, or doing yard work. I wear it to bed as felt naked without it.

• M
    Frequent user May 2021 Ontario
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Sleeping, being in or around water at all (showering, dishes, swimming), working out (because my fingers swell up) or on vacation. I went on a cruise for three weeks this summer and I was terrified that I was going to leave it lying around somewhere or that I would take it off to go in the pool and lose it, so I left it at home on purpose to be 100% safe! I also take mine off if I'm getting my nails done because mine has tons of little stones and the powder gets blown into it and it makes it all foggy-looking, I had to take it in for cleaning because of the powder!

I'm definitely just super cautious because I lose jewelry so easily that I'm terrified of losing it! any time it's not on my finger it's safely in the case it came in!!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I basically don't wear it at home unless we have company.

• Alexandra
    Frequent user February 2022 Quebec
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off to sleep, workout, shower, and do the dishes. I also typically wouldn’t swim in it. I think I’m probably overly cautious but I’m so afraid of losing it!
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off when I shower, sleep, or workout. If I’m hardcore cleaning the house (not vacuuming or dusting) I’ll take it off so there are no cleaners around it.
    We also do a lot of fishing, so anytime we are out I won’t wear them incase they slip off or get caught on something!
    We both have silicone rings to wear when we are cleaning or working out on the weekend, I’ll just wear that one all day!
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly i dont think ive taken it off. oh wait just to clean it thats it. i leave it on for everything. i also dont want to take it off i love it so much and cant stop looking at it. i think its personal preference of what feels comfy for you there is NO right or wrong

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mother in law is HORRIFIED that I take my rings off EVER!

I take them off if I'm cooking (like cutting up chicken), washing dishes, showering, sleeping, exercising, cleaning the fish tank, when I put on lotion...

According to her that's a quick way to lose them. But I think as long as you aren't careless, you're fine. In my gym bag, I have a tiny zippered bag for my jewelry, in my kitchen, on my dresser, and at my desk, I have either a ring holder or dish. I always know where they are.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't take mine off unless I'm cleaning it. Half the reason is I'm scared to put it down and forget it somewhere and lose it.

The other half is I like it too much to take off!

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off a lot lol.

I don't wear it when showering, doing dishes, cooking, sleeping, working out, etc.

I'm very cautious about damaging it (even though it's insured) and I leave it at home if I'm on vacation somewhere that I can't keep it locked up (ie. Camping or when I'm in cosplay and it would just sit in my hotel room unattended)

I don't wear it when I'm swimming or gardening, washing my face, doing my makeup.

Honestly it would probably be a shorter list to ask me when I do wear it haha

• Madisyn
    Expert February 2020 Ontario
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only take it off when I'm exposing my hands to water. I bought these amazing silicone covers that I slip overtop for working out.
  • Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off to shower, do the dishes, go swimming and do dirty jobs (ie painting, deep cleaning).

• Vanessa
    Frequent user September 2019 Ontario
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off to

- shower

- wash dishes

- sometimes cook (like if i'm handling raw chicken or meat then I won't wear them)

- sleep

- go to the gym (I have silicone bands for this)

- vacation (I have a cheap set that mimics my real set for this)

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off to shower and to do dirty jobs like the litter box or dishes. I've also found its more comfortable to workout with it off.

I also religiously check that it's still there several times a day. I'm so paranoid that I've lost it.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I almost never take mine off 😬 I probably should but it fits so well I honestly forget it’s there
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

At first it was only taken off when I was washing dishes or in the shower - but now that my DH got me a necklace I usually wear my rings on that instead Smiley tongue

My fingers are quite chubby so I was never able to wear rings growing up as a kid as they were all too small - so now that I have one it feels weird and idk, I grew up wearing a necklace all the time never taking it off even to shower so it was more comfortable.

I say wear it whenever you want and don't when you don't want to!

Usually when we go out-out then I will make sure to wear them on my finger though.

• D
    Frequent user June 2020 Saskatchewan
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I take mine off to shower do dishes and at work as im a massage therapist. I sleep with mine. The reason i was told not to sleep with it is that your bedding can get caught on the claws and weaken them or sometimes take them off and you can lose a stone. Ive gotten around this by getting my ring cleaned every two weeks so its inspected all the time.
  • Samantha
    Super June 2021 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I take mine off when I shower and clean around the house. I also have to take it off at work since I work with big machines so it's a safety issue more than anything, but I bought one of those enso silicone ring specifically for work so it's safe. But I don't take it off when I sleep, but I've heard that you're "supposed to" too but it doesn't bother me

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics