Skip to main content
Curious July 2022 British Columbia

When do you decide to postpone?

Genna, on October 19, 2020 at 11:11 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 5
The wedding will be in BC Canada but my husband's family and his part of the wedding party are from the states.they would have to quarantine for 14 days which means that we would have to quarantine for 14 days as well and for me that means I will not be able to take on any clients as I am a massage therapist. With covid the way it is if our wedding was in the winter we would definitely have postponed it however our wedding isn't until July next year. At what point do you decide to postpone? I fully realize that with winter season covidt is likely to get worse


Latest activity by Vinod, on November 6, 2020 at 12:26
  • Vinod
    Featured August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute

    Postpone if you know you plans will change due to the times and know your secure in this decision as venues are updating fast. Same with your vendors too.

    Alternative is to get married with limited people on your original date and have the reception celebration later on with your full guest list. This way no guests have to quarantine themselves and the party can go as planned.

    • Reply
  • Cindy
    Frequent user May 2021 Alberta
    Cindy ·
    • Dispute

    We were supposed to be married this July and we waited until April to make the final decision to postpone. We are now getting married in May 2021 and will get married no matter what as postponing was a VERY difficult choice, one I am not doing again. We will be making a decision on reception or not in January/February 2021 depending on restrictions and how comfortable everyone will be with gathering. We originally has a small guest list so moving forward is a bit easier.

    One piece of advice though.... don't stop planning and don't stress TOO much. I am sure I made myself way more sick, sad and angry than I needed to and this time I am going to try to just go with the flow. COVID is not something you can control so keep that in mind and try your best to keep moving forward. Smiley heart

    • Reply
  • Genna
    Curious July 2022 British Columbia
    Genna ·
    • Dispute
    View quoted message
    They would be staying with us. If they could afford somewhere else to stay I'm sure they would
    • Reply
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    When this all started we originally said we wouldn't make changes until 3-4 months before our date. I caved and 5 months before I reached out to our venue to delay our reception and made sure our photographer was available for 2020 and 2021 dates. My husband's parents (Canadians who live and work in the US) were unable to come from Wisconsin partly because of the isolation but mostly because they are worried about reentry to the states during an election year.

    We spoke with them 5 months before to see what they wanted us to do. They let us know to keep planning for a covid safe wedding with or without them and that they would try to make it. By 2 months out we knew they weren't coming unless there was a miracle.
    I don't think the 14 day quarantine will end until there is a vaccine, probably late 2021 or 2022 if we're lucky. So I would plan for the isolation, maybe look for a large air b&b where everyone can isolate together but away from you so you can still work.
    • Reply
  • Charlotte
    Frequent user July 2021 Ontario
    Charlotte ·
    • Dispute
    Could they do a 14 day quarantine when they arrive but before they see you? Or are they staying with you? Quarantining isn’t idea. Who knows what July will look like. I’d say by March you’d have a better idea but would still leave lots of time for others to make necessary arrangements.
    • Reply

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles


WeddingWire Article Topics