Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

When did you take your engagement pictures?

Lynnie, on December 5, 2017 at 13:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 11

If you did engagement pictures - when did you take them?

Right away? In time to send save the dates? After you hired your wedding photographer?

Share your timeline! How many months before the wedding did you take your e-pics, and why?

When did you take your engagement pictures? 1

Photo by Beautiful Life Studios in Toronto

Looking for more community conversations about engagement pictures? Check out: Where did you take your engagement pictures?, How many outfits for your engagement shoot?, and Engagement Photos!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on December 18, 2017 at 02:33
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged June 2017* wedding is June 2019. We recently booked our photographer and she offers complimentary engagement shoot and photos, we get them done tomorrow!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged Christmas day 2016, did our engagement pictures in March 2017 and got married in September 2017.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged in September, had a friend take a few pics got our save the dates cuz I wanted those out beginning of October. We booked our photographer in November. Getting married in July and I don't want winter photos so probably going to wait until a couple months before the wedding. Unless we can find a really nice indoor place for pictures, then I'd like them done January or February so we can put a pic or two on the invitations

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We waited almost a year to take our photos. We were able then to use our photos for our save the dates. It worked out perfectly.

• Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged Dec 29, 2016, booked our photographer March 23, 2017, and did our engagement photos June 25th, 2017. Our wedding is March 23, 2018! We wanted summer pictures for our engagement photos since our wedding will look more like winter/early spring!

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing them on December 22. Which makes me really worried as winters in Alberta ain’t no joke, and I really don’t want to take pictures in our winter jackets!
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We took ours a year and a couple days before our wedding! About a month and a half after we were engaged.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our engagement photos have a funny story (not funny at the time but now we laugh) attached to them. We got engaged July 2017, made a photo shoot date for end of October as I really wanted fall photos.

The day of our photo shoot I had my hair and make up done, we were all dressed and looking fantastic. We chose a beautiful provincial park to take pictures, super excited. Decide to take my FH's car instead of mine because why not. Half way there we got a flat tire, a huge piece of metal punctured it. Our cars, funnily enough we both drove the same model haha, don't come with spare tires. You're supposed to have their assistance program or your own for times like this. Guess what? His car doesn't have it cuz he's too cheap lol BUT mine does, go figure it was the one we decided not to take :/. Call family and friends, noone can come help. Finally had to cancel our shoot and take an uber back home to get a spare tire and uber it back to our car. 45min each way!! Cheaper than a tow.

So there i was, in a dress, heels, make up done, hair done. Rolling a dirty tire to the trunk and putting it in while my FH is bolting the new one. I was so upset I didn't even want to take new photos. It took days of my FH and photographer convincing me that I finally gave in. We rescheduled for mid November at a Christmas tree farm (win! I love Christmas! That's how they got me) And EVERYTHING worked out.

Thank God the hair and make up ladies are my good friends, they laughed with me and came in on their days off to redo my stuff.

So in the end we got fall-ish photos that I love more than anything and a funny story to tell the kids haha.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We might do ours in feb of 2018, I really want to incorporate my black lab and she is so hard to take photos with bc she is all black. So I’m hoping with the snow, it would have a good contrast and have her stand out more. Or the fall is good too.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged in nov 2016 and did not plan to do engagement photos. We booked our photographer aug 2017 for our july 2018 wedding and she offered a complimentary engagement session. We had our photos taken sept 2017 because we wanted summer photos, but ended up with fall photos which were GORGEOUS and worked out perfectly. We had already sent out save the dates, so didnt use our photos for that but we will use one or two on our invitations!
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged in June of 2016 and waited until June of this year to do engagement pictures. We wanted to have wheat in them and that's when it looks best! It was only 3 months before the wedding, but we were at the mercy of mother nature!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics