Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

When did you say ‘I love you’?

Sinéad, on November 18, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 17

Did it slip out in the heat of the moment, or had you planned on saying it for a while? Who said it first? Was it at a special anniversary date, or over a pizza and Netflix?

Do you remember when you first said ‘I love you’?

Next Question: When was your first fight?

Back to the Beginning: Your Relationship Timeline!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Melissa, on November 25, 2019 at 10:44
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH said it first after 2 months of dating and as soon as he said it i had zero hesitation saying it back

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband said "I love you" within the first week of us meeting. I didn't say it until a month or 2 after knowing it was the right time.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first a couple months in. We had just finished a movie at my place and we’re cuddling on the couch.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really don’t remember when or how. I probably said it first and it was probably a couple months in.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really don’t remember the date, but it was fairly soon, I want to say a couple months into our relationship. I do know he was the first one to say it!
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Don't remember the exact date - sometime in March 2010 - but I said it first in the heat of the moment... And I still regret it. I didn't really love him until a long time after that.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don't remember the date, but I said it first. He didn't say it back until around our first anniversary which made it even better because I knew he meant it. He didn't say it back just to keep me happy.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the gif chuck and blair!!! he said it while we were in Dominican last year. i jumped off a boat in the ocean and he cant swim so he was worried about me falling and hurting myself and drowning lol. so when we got bakc to our hotel and went to dinner that night he said it and he didnt want me jumping off anymore boats ahaha

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't remember the date or who said it first. I remember the moment that I knew he was the one for me, but the specifics of the calendar...nope.

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    He said it first, about 3 weeks after we were “official”
  • A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is a huge debate which he loves to bug me about in our relationship in a fun way. I can honestly say I have no idea what the date was when those words were said. However if you ask him he will insist that I said it first and I can be certain that I would not have been the first to open up like that and I only said it after he said it to me!

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He said it over my birthday - on March 26, 2016! We were at a shag (Northwest Ontario way of saying stag and doe/social) so we had a few drinks and he let it slip. I admitted that I was wanting to say it for a while but didn't work up the courage

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Right before Christmas 2009, I wrote it in the photo album I gave him for Christmas. We had only been dating a month!

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have this written down somewhere in a random notebook. It was during Summer 2016 and we were commuting to see each other on weekends and I was telling him how I was sad and I missed him when the weekends were over and how my mom had told me that was because I loved him and then he was like :okay, lets say it together" and we went "1...2...3...I love you"

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I said it first, during a romantic weekend away in the mountains, about 3 months after our first date. I knew without a doubt that I loved him and he said it back right after. That weekend really made our relationship turn into something deeper.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly don't remember this one.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I said it first - but I don't remember the day. It was some time about 3 or 4 months into dating and we were drunk at a bar... I told him "I L-word you" and then he persisted that I said the actual word so I did and I told him that I LOVE him. He really wanted me to be the first to say it he said because he felt that way since a couple weeks into dating me but knew that he was my first boyfriend and didn't want to push that on me.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics