Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sinéad
WeddingWire Admin January 2025 Galway

When did you move in together?

Sinéad, on November 18, 2019 at 09:05 Posted in Living together 1 20

What a big and exciting step! When did you and your future spouse decide that it was time to live together? Was it an easy decision?

When did you guys move in together?

Next Question: When did you get engaged?

Back to the Beginning: Your Relationship Timeline!

20 Comments

Latest activity by Nelly+Raquel, on April 17, 2022 at 17:39
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are only moving in together after we are married
  • Emma
    Curious May 2019 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My husband and I were high school sweethearts. After 6 years of dating, at the age of 21, he proposed in November 2017. We got married last May! He moved into our current home in 2018 and so I was able to gradually move everything of mine in and I joined him immediately after we got married.

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In 2016 we were both finished school and decided it was time to live in the same city after years of long distance.
    Three years later we bought our first house, and a year after that we got engaged!
  • Melissa
    Devoted September 2021 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in together in our 5th year of university as a trial run. Also my family being for traditional we had to rent separate rooms. We lived in that place for 8 months together, then I moved home since I got a full time job, then 4 months later we moved in with his aunt and uncle for a year while we figured things out. Then we rented a condo for 2 years and now we have been living in a condo we bought together for 2 years

• Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both had our own places and then after a few months we started doing sleepovers and then those became all weekend then it became stay over and go to work from my house lol especially over the winter he didnt want me driving home and vice versa then we went on holiday about 6 months later and his parents dropped us back at his house and we did laundry and then i never left lmao.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I moved to my husbands home in May 2014 as i wasn't happy with my roommate and no longer a friend to consider for that fact. It was time after 6 months to know that i had to be in a happier home and space that was to be our home together.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t live together until after we were married.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We moved in together after a year and a half. So we’ve now lived together for two and a half years
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Three months in. She had a really bad rental situation and I had my own place so it worked out really well
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 2016 was when I officially moved in. Before that I stayed over on weekends and any night of the week if the weather was bad or I fell asleep.
    It was pretty easy, we were driving to see each other pretty much every day anyways, so it saved us a lot of gas.
  • A
    Super September 2020 Ontario
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

August 2014. He was in 4th year of university and I was in 3rd. We also got our puppy right around the same time, which was a terrible idea at the time, but we managed to work it out and she's the best thing in the world Smiley heart

• A
    Devoted July 2023 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only knew a few people when I first moved out West and I didn’t know the city at all so I spent a lot of time at his place and having him take me around so I knew where things were. Which then led into hanging out with his friends and him coming with me when I went out with coworkers. Which then led into we spend all this time together why waste money on two places when we are always together at one place. Our relationship really took off after I moved out here. The entire time we were talking we never thought of each other as bf/gf as I didn’t want a relationship at the time, and that was fine with him. We grew our friendship and talked a lot about everything, kids, work marriage all of it plus we did date other people during that time as well. He ended up becoming my best friend over that period of time. So when we finally did end up in the same city it just clicked and living and being together just fit.

• BunnyBride
    Super August 2334 Nova Scotia
    BunnyBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in together about a year after we met, late summer 2015. Originally, he wanted to move into the city, but circumstances around selling his house/company expanding to a second office weren't going to allow that for a couple more years. My job at the time had a work-from-home option, so I moved down with him.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in April 2017. He had a small house that he bought just before we started dating and April was when my lease was up (was renting off-campus close to the university). I was also finishing school so I didn't need to be close to the university anymore (I have a vehicle, but didn't want to pay for university parking, so I wanted to be close so I could walk), and he asked what my plans were after I finished school (i.e. staying in town, moving back home, etc).

We talked about it during my last year of university and I was glad he wanted to live with me, because I was hoping he'd ask.

• S
    Expert September 2020 Quebec
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We moved in about a year after we met in 2013. We decided to Make it officially last march when he proposed. We will be building our new home after the wedding in 2021.

• Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

July 2013, almost 4 years in! He had just turned 22 a few days before and I was almost 21.

For us it felt like forever before we finally found a place since we both moved out of our parent's houses.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was in May 2017, just over a year after we'd started dating. It likely would have been sooner, but I was in college and had a job as a resident advisor so I had to stay living at the school residence until the end of the school year.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We don't live together sadly Smiley sad

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Unofficially, May 2017. Officially July 1st 2017. My car broke down and he happened to live really close to my workplace so it became easier to stay at his apartment then where I was living which was really far away with my parents. However we were trying to wait to date a year before moving in together because "that is what you should do" but after a couple months we just said the heck with it. It was the best decision ever!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew we wanted to but didn't want to waste money by renting or leasing of course - so we waited till we could buy our first starter house Smiley smile That was decided about a month after getting engaged and bought our first house later that year. Moved in on July 6th 2018 (approx. 1 year and 4 months after we met)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics