Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

When did you know you were in love with your partner?

Joey, on August 13, 2018 at 08:23 Posted in Before the wedding 0 29

It was love that brought everyone to this community, so let's talk about love!

Do you remember the moment you realized you were in love with your partner?

When did you know you were in love with your partner? 1

Photo by DJ XTC Entertainment Services in Mississauga

>>Click here to go to the next question, Are you a PDA couple?

29 Comments

Latest activity by Steph, on November 14, 2019 at 01:13
  • Steph
    Expert June 2022 Ontario
    Steph ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were at a Christmas market, our 2nd date but first nice date, and he was dancing away to all the christmas carols just because it was fun. I loved his spirit and infectious smile ❤
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew a few months after we became friends, but I didn't want to weird her out so I pined in silence for a while Smiley xd

• Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were living far apart having a Skype date one night when his little sister stole his phone and flashed his background photo on the screen. His background was a picture of me he had stolen from my Facebook! It was just a sweet little thing that he wanted to see me every time he picked up his phone even though we were miles apart.
  • #GotmanTablefor2
    Beginner October 2020 Ontario
    #GotmanTablefor2 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first time we cuddled together and he kissed me on the top of my head watching a move. Literally fireworks went off.

• Nelly
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A few months after we met
  • Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It happened suddenly. One moment I was just watching her do her nerd thing and I realized I loved her.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We dated about 8 months when he left for his first deployment, over that 4 months is when I knew for sure.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We were friends for quite a while first and I wasn't sure how serious he was at first but it was probably after about 6 months or so since the stat of our relationship was quite casual.

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're in a long-distance relationship, so it's a bit weird with the timelines, but around 5 months after we started dating my brother passed away, I called him telling him I needed to get away and within minutes he had arranged for us to meet in Calgary, he drove around 17 hours to meet me at the airport and we had a super relaxing getaway, which was just what I needed. He knew I had been talking about Lake Louise for a while, and I had no idea it was that close to Calgary, and he took me there on Canada Day. While we were driving up it kind of just hit me, I took a selfie of us on one of our stops and I later printed it out and wrote the story on the back on how that moment was when I realized I loved him. I love that I have that moment inmortalized now hehehe

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    After the 2nd or 3rd night knowing he was serious about our relationship.
  • Geneviève
    VIP September 2020 Ontario
    Geneviève ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were already friends and coworkers that knew each other for quite a while, and while I was out, she wasn’t yet. We spent so much time together in and outside of our jobs that we may as well have been dating. I realized probably a month before I finally asked her out that I was crazy for her. I didn’t want to make things awkward or problematic at work so I didnt say anything until I went down to part time early and we missed not seeing each other everyday. It’s all rather cheesy but I love it.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably by the 3rd or 4th date haha

• Angel
    Frequent user June 2019 British Columbia
    Angel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

On our first date, I already knew that there was something special about this guy! We dated for a month and then he asked me to be his GF. A month after that, he finally said I love you...I asked him why he waited so long to say it. He said he wanted to say it a long time ago but didn't want to pressure me into saying it back. He's such a sweet guy!

• Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I LOVE getting "back tickles"... who doesn't? haha. One night when we were first dating, he was giving me back tickles and wrote the words "I love you" on my back. He didn't know that I could tell what he wrote, and I didn't say anything about it... I didn't know if he was actually saying it or just hinting. I so badly wanted to tell him that I knew what he wrote, but I kept it to myself until he actually said it outloud. When he wrote it on my back, I so badly wanted to say it to him - that's when I knew!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yup. A couple months in and he had already told me he loved me when drunk (but didn't remember), but about a month more later I was drunk and I told him that I "L-word" him. He told me that that is unaccepted and I need to use the full word. At this point I proceeded to tell him I love him. I don't think that there was a time at which we only loved each other though; as far as I'm aware we went from dating and liking each other to being IN love.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Within a couple of months. He just made me smile a lot and it felt good. He cared so much more than anyone else I’d been with.
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When he moved in a month after we started dating and I never wanted him to leave...Thats when I knew I loved him Smiley smile
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didn’t know each other long but we had to do some long distance.
    When we didn’t want to go to bed without saying goodnight on FaceTime & the first thing we would do in the morning g was FaceTime!

and when he rode his motorcycle for 3 days to come spend a week with me in Vegas cause I was lonely and homesick!

Just a weird side note as well... I knew I was comfortable and happy with him when for the first time since I was 15 I was comfortable not wearing makeup around someone! This includes - yes I was one of those people who would wake up before him and cover my face.
    I struggle with acne so it was a big deal.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were in the same class for 3 years and best friends for basically that time already, but I wasnt very interested in much more.

We both went on internships abroad, he went to Germany and I to France, and then I started to consider it since I missed him. I had talked to a colleague when he was talking about going up and down between the exact to cities we were both in, telling him how expensive it is since we had looked at it one time. Then one Wednesday the colleague told me he was gonna go that Friday and if I wanted to come along. My now fiancé and I agreed and I was coming over to visit for the weekend. When I arrived late in the evening we stayed up till like 7 in the morning, talking through the entire night. That's when I knew.
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was a couple months into dating... I was talking to my sister and I was just like, "oh my gosh, I'm so in love with him"... I told him on Valentine's Day, about 3 months into dating....

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was in love 1 month in LOL! The thirst was real Smiley laugh

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About 2 months in. I was in England visiting family and we were talking and I reality how much I missed him, and how I couldn't wait for my trip to be over just to be with him again. He told me he misses me more than anything and I just thought about how perfect he was and then I thought, maybe there is a reason why I miss him so much. Both of us felt it but were too nervous to say it, eventually about a month later we finally did lol
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew the first part we had to spend time apart, (2 1/2 months in to dating). I went home for Christmas and had meltdown with my mom because I missed this guy and I love him. Took 3 more months to finally articulate the words lol

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Within a couple of months of dating. We worked together at the time, so we saw each other a bunch during the day.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Within a month and a half. I was going to be meeting a bunch of his friends (I don't do well in large groups) and he was saying he'll leave when I feel I've had enough. I really wanted to end that conversation with "love you" but didn't want the first time to be over the phone (and, I also didn't want to be the first one to say it tbh!)

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

When we first moved out of college and bought a house and he was so good to me when I hadn't found a job yet and he was supporting both of us for over a month! I just knew he made me feel so safe and protected!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew I loved him for sure about 4 months into dating. We started dating quickly and spent all our free time together, so it was sometime in those first 4 months that I definitely knew I was in love with him Smiley smile

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think withing the first year we were dating.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Within about 5 months of dating!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics