Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

When did you know they were "the one"?

Lynnie, on February 28, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in WeddingWire 0 11

When did you realize that your partner was "the one"?? Was it something specific that happened, or a gradual realization?

When did you know? Smiley heart

giphy.gif

For more community conversations about your relationship, check out: Throwback Thursday! Show off a pic from early in your relationship, What's the best part of living with your partner?, and How long have you been together?

11 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on March 3, 2018 at 09:49
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Within 2-3 years. When we moved in together at the 3.5 year mark in our relationship I knew and he did too (otherwise we wouldn’t have made the jump to live together).
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Just over a year into the relationship we started to talk about getting married and I think I’d always kind of known but that was when it I realized. We just got along perfectly. Our arguments never lasted long because we forgave each other. We had the same sense of humour. We liked each other’s family’s. We’re now heading towards the three year mark and we’ll be getting married after four years. We live together and I just know he’s the only person I want to spend my life with.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Gradual realization but the thing that made me sure was:

My parent's (especially mom) doesn't approve of our relationship and it was causing me a lot of stress which he could see. I asked him why he was with me and he said "I'm with you and love you because of you. I'm not with you because of your family." So that made me sure he was here to stay and put up with my mother's disapproval.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    First date I knew I wanted to marry him. Nothing specific but I went home thinking “this is it”. I don’t usually warm up to people as quickly as I did with him. And we had so much fun together! He made me supper so I was able to test out his cooking abilities early on! He passed! Haha
  • Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was 1 month when we started dating. He and I are talking when suddenly he said that I am his 1st and his last. I balled my eyes out cuz i knew right there and then that his the one. 😍
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw thanks. I'm super mushy about him. Its a problem.. lol

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This made my heart happy Smiley heart Seriously too cute.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Very early into our relationship. Like, within the first week. It felt like we knew each other for years. I have never been that comfortable with somebody so quickly. Usually I need a lot of reassurance from the people I'm dating when it comes to feelings but with him I didn't because I could see/feel exactly how he felt even without him telling me.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I always had a bit of a different feel about him. Normally I'm the one really in control and don't get super involved.. but from the minute I met him I couldn't stop thinking about him.

I think since then there have been too many little moments to really know what was THE moment.

The two that stand out in my mind:

- He leant me a DVD and I opened it and there was a little itty bitty note that said "miss you"

- There was a night before we lived together he was upset about something. So we talked for 4 hours on the phone and I was able to get him to laugh about something and I knew I wanted to be that person forever.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was definitely a slow realization. Maybe a couple of years after we moved in together, we had started talking about our future and our desire to get married one day.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I knew pretty early on (like 2-4 weeks into our relationship) but I think it took me longer to fully realize it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics