Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's your reason for the season?

Lynnie, on July 5, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

What season are you getting married and why??

Spring Smiley flower What's your reason for the season? 1

Photo from Sheer Florals and Silk in Kamloops

Summer Smiley sexy What's your reason for the season? 2

Photo from Heartfelt Event Planning & Design in Vancouver

Fall 🍂

What's your reason for the season? 3

Photo by Sarah White Photography in Montreal

Winter ❄️

What's your reason for the season? 4

Photo by Danika Rita Photography in Dawson Creek

29 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 23, 2018 at 00:03
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Winter/Spring, it is NS so who knows in March, we chose March due to my FHs deployment schedule.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a summer wedding because we both love the heat! Also, I'll still be in school, so by having a mid-summer wedding we can honeymoon right after.

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is adorable!!

• Phaidra
    Frequent user October 2019 Alberta
    Phaidra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fall! I've always wanted a fall wedding. Plus we met in the fall and it's just the cutest. Plus - we're getting married in the Canadian desert, I didn't want my guests to sweat to death in the heat. The weather will still be beautiful and tourist season will be over!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We picked a date, not a season - May 4! We're big StarWars nerds, and are having a few Star Wars aspects in the wedding, and since it was a Saturday that year, it worked out perfectly!

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in the summer because we wanted an outdoor ceremony and we wanted a season where it is less likely to rain. We were going to opt for fall so we have the beautiful colours but it didn't work out venue wise.

• Kaye
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kaye ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly? The lease on my apartment was up August 31 so were getting married the next day then going to our new home together
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Summer so we could get married outdoors and we both love summer! August really spoke to us because both our parents were married in August.
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked fall for logistical reasons. Summer is too hot and I did not want a summer wedding. I wanted winter but most of my family is flying and winter is too unpredictable for traveling.
  • A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chosen fall because half of our guest are comong from out of province, so we chose thanksgiving weekend.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went with a fall wedding for a few reasons:

1. We started dating October 13

2. We got engaged October 26

3. We wanted to do our honeymoon ASAP after the wedding and we knew we wanted to go on a cruise, but didn't want to get caught in hurricane season

4. Our ceremony venue is hot 24/7/365 so we opted for when the weather outside wouldn't be hot. We didn't want anyone sweating through their clothes

5. More vendor availability in the "off" season

• Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose summer because spring was too early (got engaged in February), and two of our siblings were planning to leave for a year in the fall, and we didn't want to wait longer.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got married in Winter/Spring haha...it was 3 days after spring came.

I really wanted a winter wedding, but since we were travelling ourselves for the wedding, we thought it was best to do as late as possible. I'm disappointed there was no snow, but it was still a perfect day!

• Sheilah
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Sheilah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Summer. Just because most of our family is off in the summer and we are going with a weekday wedding.

Even though we both HATE summer.
  • Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I wanted to get married on the longest weekend of the year, so we are getting married june 22, 2019!
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose winter, specifically between Christmas and New Years. We picked them because when we got engaged in April next summer was too far away. That date also means our families will be in town anyways.
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fall! it is my favorite season, the days are still warm, but the nights are cool and the colors are just beautiful. Plus it means I won't be sweating bucks in a ballgown. The second option was a winter wedding because those are stunning, but it was too soon./too far away from our engagement.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Spring!

Neither one of us wanted a Summer or Winter wedding. Fall is too sad (his parents died in the fall)

So we decided on Spring, specifically my grandmother’s birthday - April 20 - which also happens to be Easter weekend (my favourite holiday).
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wr chose summer beacause its peefect for the temperature and season where guests don't need so much to pack.

Our wwdding reflected on the venue for its outdoor beauty and isolated area where activities available to enjoy indoors and outdoors.

Pricing was good and not having to worry about nothing going wrong with the service.
  • Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That in-between season between Summer and Fall - it is the best time of year to be outside. The weather is also usually a little more predictable. We chose the end of September because we also wanted to avoid any holidays.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We both love the Fall and we were guaranteed that we wouldn't be sweating out of our outfits.

• Sarah
    Frequent user July 2020 Nova Scotia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose July, it's the only month of the year that will give us warmth, not be muggy and also a cool breeze will be present on top of the breeze from the ocean front. And it's the only month, and time of the month that both sides of our family won't have sports, vacations, dirtbike races, and marathons to be present at! Definitely working around everyone else's schedule so we can have all of our family there!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I (prior to getting engaged) spoke of an October wedding because it's our favourite month and time of year; however, we considered winter for our wedding as many venues (and vendors) offer better pricing. Although we decided on autumn in the end, I still think there's something so romantic about early winter! (You know, before heavy snow and icy roads).

Realistically I'd be okay with any season other than summer because we both dislike the heat.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Winter - We got engaged December 28, 2017: Summer 2018 was too soon, Summer 2019 seemed so far... then we found a cruise on January 21st (Monday after wedding), and decided we'd rather be different, less busy, and unique, and head straight to our honeymoon in the middle of winter.

Vendors are all open, some prices are cheaper, and our anniversary trips will always escape Vancouver winters!

We also realized that rain is a possibility, even in the summer (especially in Vancouver), so we didn't want to move the wedding for sunshine, because Murphy's Law, it would be the one day to rain in a heatwave knowing our luck.

Now I've just got my fingers crossed for some snow or sun in January! (Planning for rain though).

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding event weekend starts in the summer and ends in the fallSmiley smile September in Van is the most predictable month for weather, its always beautiful. The rest of the year you have no idea what is going to happen. I only have one wedding day, but will have decades of anniversaries- best time to travel as I don't want to take trips etc during summer break- too hard to get time off, expensive and there are kids everywhere. Plus why would you ever leave Vancouver in the summer for holidays?

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For us it's the date number that matters most! The 24th! And we chose a Friday to keep costs down! Also spring weather is easier to manage just gotta fight back the rain!
  • Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Winter- because it was the due date of when our daughter was suppose to be born. We are getting married to celebrate her. Even tho I misscarried she brought a lot of joy into our lives and it was a way to cope with the grief at this time last year. Also then we aren’t fighting other couples for summer venues and Djs.
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fall! Because of a few reasons. 1 reason being that half of my family are farmers so that works well for the harvest season as it will be winding down by October, 2 being that he nixed winter (too cold in -40) and I nixed summer (don't want to sweat like a pig on my wedding day), so we were left with fall or spring and spring is basically winter or summer here in Peg City... 3 being that the colours are so rich in fall.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Winter- because flights are cheaper from the uk where all my family lives!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics