Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's your future Mrs. name?

Lynnie, on March 13, 2019 at 15:32

Posted in WeddingWire 85

It was a long time coming after many years of dating, but I finally became Mrs. May! If you'll be changing your last name after the wedding, what new name are you taking on?

It was a long time coming after many years of dating, but I finally became Mrs. May! If you'll be changing your last name after the wedding, what new name are you taking on?

giphy.gif

85 Comments

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mrs. Currie! I actually had the first person call me that the other day (besides my husband!) My old manager introduced me to her son as Mrs Currie! Also, because we're kind of dorky, we'll say "I concur-rie" instead of I agree!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mrs Longhorn Smiley smile
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks Kelsie! Smiley heart

• Ashley
    Frequent user October 2021 Manitoba
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will become Mrs. Filz and for someone who has a last name that starts with a 'W' and is ten letters long I am so excited to be a Filz four letters and closer to the top of the alphabet no longer last on the list.

• Kirsten
    Frequent user October 2025 Alberta
    Kirsten ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well, when my mum got married my last name changed for the first time from Guest to Droeske. It has been 9 yrs and being honest I still have not felt the connection to my dad's last name.

That being said ideally I would love to take that first name back or hyphenate it but I do not want to hurt my dad's feelings so I decided to take my FH's name in which I have kinda felt a connection.

I will be future Mrs. Klaiber

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My future name will be Latendresse.

• Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Id been sure I'd take my Fhs last name until my Mom told me how much she was hoping I'd keep my name. Ive been completely undecided for 345 days. My FH said he would support whatever I decided. It's 8 days until our Wedding today 💒 last weekend I had my Wedding party over for drinks and snacks. One of my Besties gave me a huge gift bag full of every size of towels with Initials on them. Before the Girls arrived I decided Id like to hang some of these beautiful towels. My name is Julie Fralick & FH is Trevor Shepherd. I started hanging the towels & found a J & T hand towel. Then 2 medium S towels, 2 more S towels again and I knew there were 2 huge bath towels left and I thought ohhh ok, here is mine! I found 2 more S's... No F's and I was surprised at how badly I wanted to find that F towel. IT was at that very moment I realized I knew my decision and that's it. I will be Mrs. Julie Fralick Shepherd 👰
  • Marissa
    Expert August 2019 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be assuming my FH's name, so it hopefully won't be as laborious as legally changing my name. I will become Mrs. Clarke Smiley smile
  • Taya
    Curious September 2020 Alberta
    Taya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be Mrs. Ward! I didn't think I could really go further down the alphabet but apparently I was wrong!

• Rachel
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am undecided if I am changing my name. For the time being it will stay Ms.Dionne, but if we have children (which is also still up in the air on both our parts - given that we are in our mid thirties) then I will assume his name, but not legally change it, so that I can have the same last name as my children. Otherwise, I'll see how I feel in time. If I change my name I will be Mrs. Grimminck and will be the only Rachel Grimminck...which would be kind of nice since there's another Rachel Dionne in my family haha
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have kids from my “practice marriage”so mine will be Hardy-Lanchick
  • Sarah
    Expert August 2021 British Columbia
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Isn’t that something?I never knew that.
  • Kelsie
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is an amazing idea! And it works so well with your two names! 😍
  • Kelsie
    Beginner October 2019 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    219 days until I'm Mrs Irwin ❤️
    Definitely going to miss being a McKellar but I can't imagine not taking his last name!
  • Amanda
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine is long!
    I will be Mrs. Rondinelli de Almeida !
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Quebec is the only province in Canada which has this law. Provincial law in Quebec forbids a woman from taking her husband’s surname after marriage. The rule was instated soon after the creation of the Quebec Charter of Rights, which went into effect in 1976, and is intended to extend the charter’s statement on gender equality to names.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be Mrs. Wybenga (his family is very Dutch)

SO excited for my new initials...it will literally be a squiggle haha MW

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're combining our last names to create a new one for ourselves. More paperwork involved but definitely doable!

Mine is Hauser and his is Neufeld: We'll be Mr. and Mrs. Neuhauser Smiley ring

• Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keeping my name so Graham it will stay. But my fiance is either taking my name or hyphenating his name and mine to be Drewett-Graham
  • Jenna
    Frequent user February 2021 Nova Scotia
    Jenna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wife to be will be taking my last name 😊 I will remain a Haley!
  • Ebony
    Newbie November 2019 Alberta
    Ebony ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    240 ish days till I'm Mrs. DARLING!! 😊💍
    I can't wait to ditch my old last name, going from 16 letters down to 7!
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be Mrs. Saikaly. I'll miss being Miss. Aleksiewicz, but I won't miss having to sing out 11 letters every time I'm asked to spell it.

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My new last name is going to be Mrs. Donna Wiser.
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be Mrs Nordyke. I do love my last name but I know taking his last name is important to him.
  • Yarril
    Newbie November 2021 Ontario
    Yarril ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'll be hyphenating. I'll be Mrs Nangcas-Aviles.
  • T
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Tinashe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congrats! I'm going to be Mrs. Wingfield!

I'm so excited Smiley ring

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will become Mrs. Taylor

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I really don't know, you might need to travel with a copy of your marriage certificate in case they ask you why the names don't match.

If you're traveling within Canada, you could use your drivers license as your piece of ID, as it would match the name on your plane ticket (married name). It's if you are traveling internationally that it could have an impact, as the name on the ticket wouldn't match your passport.

Ultimately, you should plan on changing your name everywhere around the same time and well before any traveling/vacationing, so that you don't run into any problems.

• J. M.
    Curious September 2020 Ontario
    J. M. ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What if your drivers license and passport have different last names? Is that ok? Never thought about this! I also have a 10
    year
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’lol be Mrs. Weatherbee!!!
  • Monique
    Devoted August 2020 Saskatchewan
    Monique ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I’ll be Mrs. Brownrigg which is so weird because my fiancé s mum was my teacher!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    37 days to go until I’m Mrs. Sweed!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics