Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What's the best and worst... wedding toast you've heard?

Lynnie, on August 28, 2017 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 9

Toasts can make everyone nervous!! There's just something nerve-wracking about handing someone a microphone and having no idea what they're going to say!

What's the best and worst wedding toast you've ever heard? Share all the amazing and amazingly horrifying details below! Smiley surprise

Image from

>>Click here to go to the next question, What's the best and worst... wedding you've attended?

>>Click here to go to the previous question, What's the best and worst... wedding theme or decor you've seen?

9 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on December 6, 2017 at 00:47
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The worst are ones with inside jokes, because most people don't know what they are about. Or, ones where people just kind of wing it.

The best one I've seen was the matron of honour giving advice to the groom on how to live with her sister. She had little gifts with each piece of advice. It was cute, personal, and funny.

• Barbara
    Devoted July 2018 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't remember specifics, but the worst speech i heard was way too long and had so many inside jokes mentioned that it made it extremely awkward for other guests to listen to.

The best speeches in general are short with a little bit of sentiment and a little bit of humour.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most wedding speeches I have heard have been pretty good if a little long.

The worst one I heard was the parents of the bride at our friends wedding. They actually didn't have anything prepared and basically just talked about her and how much they loved her and how awesome she was without acknowledging the groom (our friend) or his family or the wedding. It was awkward.

• Kathy
    Devoted June 2018 Ontario
    Kathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't have one that really stands out as the best, but I can remember 2 toasts from weddings I have been to that were awful. One was at my cousins wedding, and her new FIL basically gave a 45 minute speech about the history of their family and how great it is being a member of their family... it was SUPER obnoxious and really painful to sit through. The second was at a friends wedding and the best man was wasted when he was called up for his speech. He mumbled a couple words, paused, then said "cheers, let's drink!"... I felt embarrassed for him.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been to tons of weddings, and the toasts are usually great. I don't think I can pick one to be the best. While there have been great toasts, there isnt one that was so amazing it stood out for me!

The worst toast I have seen was from the father of the bride - he was not happy about the marriage and basically just said "congrats and good luck with your new life" It was short and a little harsh actually.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friends husband told us the lovely toast he planned on giving to his wife. He got flustered and started talking about the night they met and they met and the shorty shorts she was wearing. It was the worst.
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most toasts I have heard were actually really good. I have not been to a lot of weddings though!

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Also I have to say, great choice of the Office photo from Phylis' wedding hahah classic
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Besides a wedding I've been to where the toasts lasted literally 2 and a half hours, the single worst speech I heard was at my fiancé's colleagues wedding. The guy's sister got up to make a speech and she said "I still love you even though your wedding is on my birthday" it was so awkward.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics