Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Casey
Master October 2019 Ontario

Whats in your Registry?

Casey, on April 9, 2019 at 12:54 Posted in Before the wedding 0 32
As Wedding season is coming up, I want to talk Wedding Registry! Do you have any weddings/ showers this year that you need to buy for? What is the craziest thing you have seen on someones registry?

What fun things are on your registry? Is there anything that you didn't put on your registry that you wish you had put on, or put on just for fun?

If you are not doing a registry because you are living together, what kind of things would you ask for if you were doing one?

I think if I could ask for some things it would be mainly decoration based. Things like, a blanket ladder, a rustic clock, some picture frames etc. Even though we have lived together for a while, the decorations are very minimal!

32 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on April 15, 2019 at 14:01
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a registry because I thought my family would order from it. But most of them gave cash. We did get a few items from our registry: mostly upgrades and replacing things that wear out (like towels and sheets). We received a pressure cooker, cutlery, dishes, sheets, bathroom set, salt and pepper shakers (which we have no idea who gave it as they did not include a card!), and some other kitchen items from our registry.

My favourite gifts weren't on our registry (I know this isn't part of the question!) because they were handmade. One was a drawing of one of our engagement photos, another was a sign with our last name and "est 2018" The couple had made it together: he did the woodworking and she did the lettering.

I haven't seen any crazy registry items that I can think of. I had a friend who registered for about 6 different towel sets (not sure why she needed so many). They were all different brands so I think she couldn't decide what she liked best! One of the bath towels she registered for was over $100! (It was ridiculously soft though!) I didn't ask but I don't think she got it!

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That registry sounds SO FUN and amazing!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh this is awesome! We thought about that too, and are pretty much doing it but without directly saying the money is going to our honeymoon!

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding registry is for things for my honeymoon! so nothing physical, but my guests can choose to put their “gift” toward our flights, hotel, food, or activities for our honeymoon
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have heard so many good things about the Instapot. If I had a registry that would be the first thing added. I do love cooking and have no problem with it, but there are always those days where you just don't want to spend so much time on it lol

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow thats super awesome for the big ticket items! I find some family members could even go in on a bigger item together and split the cost. I did this with my cousin for her bridal shower registry. Between 3 of us we all put in $150 bucks and bought a bunch of stuff off the registry!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE THESE!!! They are so damn cute!

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have seen people register for a bed from that was 2000 before.... a group of friends considered buying one for her from different place and all going in on it. But didn't work out.

We are registering for bed linens, cutlery, matching plates, pots, Tupperware, cookware. We basicly need the basics as we have a lot of stuff from college or first place that are extreme worn down. We also have 2 spare rooms and no spare bedding.

• Lauren
    Curious August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a farm registry with lots of fun items! We met working on the same farm (him crops, me cattle) and have recently bought 14 acres of farmland to build our homestead on. All our family and friends know this is our dream so our registry consists everything farming! We have fruit trees, garden tools, chickens (breeds that lay all colours of eggs!), goats, sheep, bees and beehives. We had det up a group gift to help buy our first cow but we splurged in tax season and bought 2. Oops!

It's a little unorthodox but we have gotten great feedback from our guests.
  • Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing a registry because both of our cultures prefer to gift money to the couple, but if I had a registry, the number 1 thing I'd ask for would be an instapot! My FH is very fussy when it comes to food, whereas I eat mostly raw and vegetarian. Kinda dreading long hours over the stove, so I think an instapot would be a lifesaver!

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had standard household items on our registry- bakeware, glassware, dishes, pots and pans, a vacuum, etc. We had lived together for a while but it was as poor students- we wanted some upgraded stuff.

For people worried about putting big ticket items- they were the first things to go from our registry- the pots and pans (a mind numbing $900 set) went first, the Dyson vacuum was second. We bought the Le Creuset stuff on our own with the discount. Little stuff and decor stuff was all that was left over
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We've lived together for a few years and already have great pots and pans, and a stand mixer. I got an instant pot for my birthday and its is BOMB! I recommend you add it to your registry and ditch the slow cooker you have on there for sure!

Things we have on our registry are replacements or things we don't have yet. REALLY looking forward to getting rid of the hand me down chipped corelle dinnerware!

We also added these HILARIOUS kate spade salt and pepper shakers. They make me laugh. I hope we get them lol

salt n peppaWhats in your Registry? 1

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the idea of the lawn games and board games. Those are just as important as the things you get for in the house, especially if you are entertaining!

This is part of the reason why I didn't want to do a registry. Many of the things I would have put on would be higher ticket items that I wouldn't buy for the house on my own. This way just saying that we are accepting money we can put it towards those bigger items if we really want to!

a $1500 couch is a little much, I don't think I could request something like that lol

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So true! An envelope fits in a purse or clutch much better than a plate set or pots 😂😂
  • Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a good list! Honestly, I have a Wok and it is the best damn thing in my kitchen! I love it!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I do the same. I don't know why, but I do not like buying certain things for people, even if they are asking for it. Money is just easier, and you don't have to worry about carrying a huge gift into a wedding or shower!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! It's also great to have new things for your new chapter!

Love the popcorn maker!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree 100%! You can make anything work!

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Such a good feeling to have no other showers! Thankfully I only have mine as well, makes this year slightly cheaper lol.

I really hope you get the Alpaca painting, that would just be amazing!

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good on you guys for getting into the market! It is so incredibly hard these days.

Just remember you arent poor! You got that equity!! Smiley smile you can’t see it but it’s there.

Honestly, it doesn’t hurt to put big ticket items on your registry! You never know if you’ll get it if it’s not on there!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I will put it right where he will see it every morning when he wakes up! If someone doesn't buy it for us I'm going to buy it and just pretend its from a guest Smiley tongue

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Now I just really want you to get this. Haha I feel like you should put it right above the bed. Or om the ceiling Smiley laugh

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Totally makes sense that way too!

That's us usually... we just keep putting it off and never actually splurge on it haha.

That's fair! I can't imagine. We actually did things backwards... and bought our house before the wedding.. which means we are now wedding and house poor.. and why I know I won't do anything fun with the money or treat ourselves if we get it haha.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Even if he genuinely doesn't want it I will find a way to make it match a room in our place, preferably the bedroom lol

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense! I’m only doing the registry for my bridal shower, I just won’t have enough on it I don’t think. Once the shower is done, I’ll remove the registry.

just basic stuff I’m going to ask for, anything super expensive I’ll save for, or eventually give up on 😂😂

we’re hoping for money (selfishly) so we can buy a home, which is near impossible in Toronto 😑
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We do not live together yet so we have been having a blast making a registry for all the new things we will need for our house!

We have put some fun items, an old school pop corn maker, a neon light that says "BAR"

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I am so torn about whether I want people to actually buy our gifts or give us cash.

We could use the money... but I know I will be responsible with it. And never buy some of those bigger ticket items I put on the registry. We are that couple that struggle with buying expensive items for ourselves... so if someone else doesn't do it for us we probably will never get it haha.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel like that was his way of secretly saying he really want the Alpaca picture! haha Smiley tongue

There is this one giraffe picture that I want so bad... FH makes fun of me though. And I know it wouldn't fit in anywhere in our house.

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a registry at Bed Bath and Beyond, and one on Amazon.

We have lived together for a while... but some stuff needs upgrading. So we have some of your basics like sheets, blankets, kitchen stuff etc.

Some stuff that we would never really buy for ourselves... like a stand mixer and a nicer blender, google home etc. The stuff I struggle to justify spending that amount of money on haha.

And then some fun decor stuff.

Then on Amazon we registered for mostly board games and lawn games and stuff like that.

A lot of our friends love board games, and we already have a decent collection going and would like a lot more.

I struggled with putting some bigger ticket items on there, as I feel bad almost. But both FH and the lady at the store said there are people that want to spend a bit more so we need to have that option.

We were looking at someones registry today and they have a $1500 couch... and a $750 fan. To me that seems a little excessive or high to ask for. I can't even justify owning a fan that costs that much haha. But all the power to them. I know some people put stuff on there because you get a discount if you want to buy it yourself after.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I actually started making a list of things I will want to put on my registry!

- Casserole Dishes

- Blender

- Mixing Bowls

- Vacuum Cleaner (probably an expensive one that we will buy after the shower with a discount)

- Wok Pan

- Pancake hot-pan

- Hand-Mixer

- Towels

- Bedding

- China (again, probably buy this ourselves with a discount)

- Baking pans (muffin tins, bundt pan, etc.)

- Cutting board

- Coasters

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The only shower I have this year was my bridal shower so thankfully I don't have to worry about the gifts.

We live together so we asked for some kitchen appliances that we wouldn't mind upgrading (like our hand mixer) and some things that we would like to have but haven't bought yet like some serving platters.

The weirdest thing we have on our registry is an alpaca painting because my FH asked why anyone would register for that so I added it and REALLY hope someone buys it for us just to see his face Smiley tongue

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only have baby showers this year.

both my FH and I have lived on our own previously so we have some stuff already.

i think we’ll ask for some cutlery, plates and pots and pans.

even if someone has a registry I almost always still give cash. It’s easier and people can buy whatever they want, or put it towards a house, whatever.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics