Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's for breakfast (on your wedding day)?

Joey, on April 9, 2019 at 08:18 Posted in Before the wedding 0 29

Don't. Skip. Breakfast. On. Your. Wedding. Day.

You may feel too nervous to be hungry, you may be in a rush, but skipping breakfast is a recipe (no pun intended) for dizziness, headaches, a rumbly stomach during your vows, and hanger. That's the last sort of thing you need on your big day!

What will you have for breakfast on your wedding day? Will you grab a snack on the fly, or will you and your wedding party be sitting down to share a special breakfast together before you get ready?

What's for breakfast?What's for breakfast (on your wedding day)? 1

Photo by Fruzsina Ford Premium Events in Toronto

29 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on May 29, 2019 at 08:54
  • Michelle
    Expert October 2021 Nova Scotia
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're planning on getting an AirBnb to get ready at with our wedding party so we will probably cook up some breakfast for everyone before we all get started getting ready.

Typical brunch food to keep everyone full: eggs, bacon(for the meat eaters, I'm vegetarian), toast, etc

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a bridal suite at the venue and they will be giving us snack food and mimosas/juice and stuff

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom made scrambled eggs and toast. We also had mimosas.

• Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom prepared muffins, croissants, fruits/veggie platter as well as coffee/tea and drinks.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friend brought veggies, fruit, crackers, cheese, summer sausage. It was more a brunch. I couldn’t eat before my hair appointment and my mom and MOH almost had to force my mouth open to eat! I knew I needed to eat but just couldn’t!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There was buffet available to our guests the morning of the wedding and assorted variety. Hot & cold food.

I had a light breakfast with fruits and yogurt.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100%, super healthy for you!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Probably bagels and coffee since we're just getting ready at my moms house.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm fussy about breakfast - the most important meal of the day right? So I will probably pack it and bring it to the hotel where I'm getting ready. Lots of fruit and probably oatmeal and then like 20 cups of tea lol.
  • Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    To be honest I'm more concerned with lunch/ dinner. My ceremony starts at 7pm so as of right now i have no plan/ idea of where I'll be getting ready, who will be where. Good thing i have a year to figure it out. Truthfully the logistics of the day of stresses me out argh
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We'll probably either get room service or go to the hotel's restaurant for breakfast/lunch!

• S
    Curious August 2020 Alberta
    Shyrelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmm no idea yet, but I'm the type who always has a granola bar stashed in my purse/truck/bag, so I plan on hiding snacks too!
  • Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mimosas and whatever the hotel has. Then I am definitely getting someone to bring me a mcdouble with extra pickles for lunch before my makeup is done haha.

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You get enough fruit in mimosas don't you? Smiley laugh

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Good question, probably whatever there is offered at the hotel. Definitely going to eat a good breakfast because it'll be a while before I have another real meal.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

MIMOSAAASSSSS!!!!!!

Hahah! And likely some fruit trays and little things!

• Veronica
    Super October 2021 Alberta
    Veronica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Will be staying at FH's (and soon to be my) Nanna's the night before for a slumber party and then getting ready there in the am, with all the bridesmaids. She makes the best waffles, so hoping for waffles, coffee and mimosas for the morning! I am one of those people that cannot function if hungry, and will wilt and perish, so breakfast is a must! Probably some snacks as well.

• Meghan
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting ready at my apartment so I got some mini frozen quiches, I will order some assorted scones, get a fruit tray, and my sister will make muffins

• Michelle
    Expert April 2019 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My Grandma is making bacon, eggs and toast! And for lunch Ham Sandwiches.

• Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting ready at my parents house, so I am sure they will plan something for breakfast!

My step mom loves entertaining, so I have no doubt between her and my Dad that they will have quite the spread.

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We will be at our hotel, so we will order some type of room service lol. Whatever looks appealing that morning I guess haha
  • Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For my moms wedding, we ordered some sandwich and wrap platters.

i think we’re planning on doing this for mine also!
  • Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have been debating whether I want to have our breakfast delivered or to go down to the restaurant and eat breakfast with everyone.

• Caitlyn
    Super January 2020 Ontario
    Caitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll be staying at a hotel the night before so I suppose my breakfast will be whatever the continental hotel breakfast is. My FH has given my MOH the task of making sure I eat that morning. We'll have snacks too throughout the day, I have not decided what those will be yet, I suppose something gentle on the tummy and not very messy.

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is an hour out of the city and because our rehearsal will be the night before, we've booked our accommodations for the night before as well. My fiance and I are staying at a cute little bed and breakfast. I really don't know what the breakfast is but I guess we'll find out!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hotel includes a hot breakfast buffet, so I'll be having that!

Plus, in the suite, we will have nibbly foods for the morning - cheese, meats, crackers, fruit and veggie platters, etc. And of course, champagne and mimosas!

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmmm.... I'm not sure.... we won't be near anything really so it will have to be made by us... perhaps I will pack some yogourt, berries, and granola Smiley smile

• Chelsea
    Super June 2020 Alberta
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ll be getting ready at my moms house and she’s going to have breakfast for us. most likely it’ll be a spread of fruit, bagels and other quick and not messy foods
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the type who needs her breakfast haha I had planned to grab a few things for each side and putting at the get together locations.

Banana bread- supposed to help with upset stomachs

croissants, bagels, fruit, yogurt,

then near lunch to a grazing board. similar but different with meats and veggies

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics