Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julia
Beginner June 2022 Ontario

What would you decide?

Julia, on September 6, 2021 at 12:17 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10
Hi fellow Bride-to-be's!
Since COVID, we had to postpaid ne the wedding from June of this year, to June of next year. We weren't to worried because things were starting to look up a little bit, and we continued to plan. Backtrack to Friday, we found out that the government put out mandates for all guests needing to be vaccinated... THEN, no dancing, besides the bride and groom. Which really burns cause that's sort of the whole point of a reception. I'm over it all at this point, and ready to get a whatever money we can back & try to work something else out - smaller, more personal. But I'm worried we'll regret it later on... Should we maybe wait it out? Or just finally say screw it and just get married?

What would y'all do? 😓

10 Comments

Latest activity by Trish, on September 19, 2021 at 18:43
  • Bel
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha 100%!!! Ok positive thoughts, vibes... all the good stuff. Keep on planning and fingers, toes and anything else that crosses... crossed! haha
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Our date is June 2022 also and I am crossing my fingers all is okay. You're right, it's 9 months away. But still, last year we thought all would be good by this summer, and look how it turned out 😫 positive thoughts!! Hoping we will be okay!
  • Bel
    Bel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HI!

We postponed from June 2021 until June 2022 also, I am very hopeful! Its 9 months away, and I am thinking by that point we should be ok! But I say if you want the dancing and such wait. Dont reschedule yet, we have time! Or like others have said, opt for something smaller. Does your venue offer an outdoor area for a tent? That is an option for us, so again if there are options I said wait a little longer.

• Cybil
    Newbie October 2021 Alberta
    Cybil ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have postponed our wedding reception from last October to this October (31 days away)! We ended up having the ceremony which luckily we were able to have 100 people attending and thought reception would be better this year. We are still going forward because unfortunately our vendors are not as forgiving and we aren’t going to get a lot of money from pushing it again. All I’m hoping in addition to masking and liquor being stopped at 10pm is that there isn’t a gathering limit, otherwise it will screw us over for sure! What’s the likelihood that reception events will be capped at 100 or 50 guests again. Unfortunately it has stirred a lot of anxiety and anger as I want this day done and over with. For next summer brides, I would imagine you would be out of the clear and if COViD is still a thing then numbers will be more manageable compared to the fall and winter months.
  • Kelsey
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm a June 2022 bride and I was hoping for things to be looking better at this point in time/currently. I'm sick of it already and I haven't even been a postponed bride. I'm sincerely hoping things turn around in the next 8 months. That being said, I also don't want to put my life on hold, I'm sure the 2020 brides that postponed to 2021 and thought they'd be in the clear are now thinking that, what if it's no better next time either? That's almost 3 years that's been put off. It really sucks, but I think I would still keep my date and have an incredibly scaled down wedding instead. You have no idea if you're going to be better off or worse off by this time next year.
  • Christiana
    Super November 2020 British Columbia
    Christiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Since your wedding isn't for another 9 months I would wait and see. There likely won't be a difference in getting back deposits from any vendors between now and about 3 months out (but double check on when your next round of payments are due/deadline for cancellations) so there's no need to make any big decisions. If by spring next year things aren't looking good then you can reevaluate.

• Hank
    Featured September 2021 Ontario
    Hank ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I just got married yesterday without dancing. The vibe is definitely more mellow than a typical reception but it wasn't the end of the world. People had a great time just catching up and having in-person conversations with one another.

• Tunisha
    Super October 2021 Ontario
    Tunisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hello Julia,
    I can’t even imagine the whole postponing.
    My fiancé and I wanted a small wedding and are still going ahead with our plan. Our venue holds 70 people total for seated dinner and now we’re down to possible 46 or so.
    I would say it depends on how soon you and your fiancé would like to be married. Would both of you want to wait a bit longer? Then that sound be fine. Would you like to get it over with? I would say get it done since the mandate will not change at all (I assume since that’s the new normal now).
    It’s very stressful. Some of my guests are not coming as they do not plan to get the vaccine. But in that case, it helps us knock down the numbers. Since we were hoping that we were going to be in Step 4. But nothing is changing and we’re going to go full speak ahead with that we got.
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your worried about the mandatory mandate, get married intimately in the backyard or community hall with the minimum guest count and have your celebration as the Reception of the full guest list can be held next year as a Renewal or a proper wedding without the Officiant (someone in their place non certified).

You can wait until next year and make the day happen knowing its what you want and still keep the planning going without the stress of rushing it.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would honestly wait it out a little bit longer if I were you. My fiance and I postponed twice once in 2020 and once in 2021. Both of our dates were going to be in August and we made the decision to postpone both times in May. I would wait until the new year and see how things play out. You still have tones of time for things to turn around.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics