Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Vinod
Top August 2017 Ontario

What would be changed if you go back in time in a time machine.

Vinod, on April 16, 2019 at 12:03 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 12

A time machine is ever made and you were given the chance to go back in time making a change in your life before starting the wedding plans, what changes would you make or change in your relationship or life knowing it was going to be a mistake before taking the leap of faith to your husband/wife.

We always have choices, yet make them without second guessing ourselves at times. After realizing something about your significant other or after your marriage, what would make you go in time to make that choice better? Your personal life is also something to take in effect of how you look at yourself personally and would that be part of the change or tell your younger self not to keep an open mind?

12 Comments

Latest activity by Rachael, on April 18, 2019 at 12:41
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

100% this. But I acknowledge that this could change over time!

While I don't regret our wedding plans, I still wish our wedding could be (even) smaller guest-wise.

• DrB
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    DrB ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would have gotten married earlier in our relationship so that I could have changed my name without hyphenating. Now it is too difficult professionally to change it and I go almost exclusively by my maiden name, even though I’m hyphenated.

That said, we definitely could not have afforded the beautiful wedding we had if I was still in school.
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wouldn't change anything about my life or relationship!

I was bullied TERRIBLY in middle school but even all of that lead me to going to schools further and further away from my abusers which lead me to a school where I learnt a trade that lead me to my FH! Everything happens for a reason! All a part of the ultimate plan!

The only thing I would change is we are currently doing a LOT right now (church programs, marriage classes, moving into our new house and planning a wedding) I wish we had done the marriage classes earlier to allow more free time for moving right now! I'm EXHAUSTED but it's worth it haha!

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wouldn't change anything about our relationship, or even my life in general. I firmly believe the mistakes we make are important to our personal growth; life is too short for regrets.

But in terms of the wedding, I would be firm and stick to our original plan to go to city hall lol

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In regards to myself, be more passive and let go of the past. I think it would have helped in many relationships, But I’m learning. Lol. As for my wedding, I would elope. My in-laws have put such a damper on my wedding, I wish they didn’t have to come to be completely honest. My FH is fed up with them too.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In regards to the wedding, I would go back and elope!

And in regards to life, I used to say that I would have gone back to school earlier, but then I wouldn't have made the treasured friendships I have from my time there.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I totally get this! We probably would've had a small ceremony on a beach somewhere and then a bigger reception after the fact.

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am grateful for every experience I have had along the way and I have truly grown from my mistakes. My relationship with my FH is amazing, there might be one or two things i would have liked to change going into this marriage. He currently lives with a roommate, and so when we get married this summer I will be living with him and his roomate. The guy is really awesome and we are all friends but dang! I would really love to have the first few months ALONE with my man, ya know? but he will be moving once their lease contract is up next feb.

Also with the wedding I wish we didn't pick the first venue we looked at. I would have liked to had more choices and look around instead of jumping on it, but it all worked out because it works well with what we need.

• Melissa
    Devoted May 2019 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I agree with this.

We are only a few weeks out and I've already have moments that I wish I would have been more assertive with family. None of our wedding has really been about us, and we have been "bullied" into doing things certain ways.

We have already said that if we could go back, we would for sure have eloped with only us and our MOH/BM.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have to agree with you on the waiting to get married point. We planned 2019 because then we weren't rushing, but I probably could have planned a wedding in a couple months do to it fall of last year. We were just pushing it to save more money, and so out of town family could come.

But everything happens for a reason!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly think about this a lot! But in my case, everything leading up to my FH and I meeting needed to happen, every mistake/ex/etc.

When it comes to planning, I wish I was more assertive with my parents at the start/gave myself more time to research other venues. As I've mentioned before, I really love our venue that we have, but I feel like I missed out by not exploring other options, which is hard when planning a long-distance wedding lol.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hmmmmm, I don't think I would change anything about the relationship as we are where we are because of all that has happened -but when it comes to planning...

I kind of wish we didn't wait a year to get married. It would have had to been a smaller wedding, maybe even an elopement - but I would have like to have gotten married on our dating anniversary (March 5th) or just sooner as we have been engaged for over a year already.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics