Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

What was your friends' reaction when you first started dating?

Emilie, on November 28, 2016 at 07:04 Posted in Before the wedding 0 21

Who are the other characters in your love movie? You must have wanted to tell everyone about him/her after your first dates! Smiley winking

What was your friends' reaction when you first started dating?

Next question >> Did you ever do long distance?

21 Comments

Latest activity by Elara, on October 17, 2021 at 10:51
  • Kara
    Frequent user June 2022 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had a bit of an untraditional beginning to our relationship. So when we finally decided to solidify things (6 months later and each of us seeing different people in between) my friends were ecstatic. They knew how much I cared for him and how unhappy we both were while we were trying to sort our stuff out….his friends seemed delighted that he finally came to terms with his feelings and both sides welcomed us happily.
  • Alexis
    Devoted July 2021 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone who didn’t know him had it out for him and expected to not like him. My previous relationship was abusive and people were worried my boyfriend (now fiancé) would be the same. Everyone very quickly warmed to him and realized how awesome he is. My friends who were friends with him before we dated reacted all excited and then had to tell me all the good things about him. Nobody has ever said anything negative about him and my friends would speak their minds. He is the best man I’ve ever met
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2021 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This was the first time in my life I dated a guy my friends didn't hate Smiley xd They thought he was super nice, and kept telling me to hold onto him because he's probably The One.

• S
    Frequent user February 2022 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    All my friends were in aww....he was q handsome fireman. Who doesn't like a man in uniform.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so awesome Meaggan! Smiley heart Are all of your friends coming to your wedding?

• Melanie
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Melanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Most of my family and friends were happy, but my best friend was pretty bitter as she had a big crush on him too. I swear I did try to help her land the guy but he wouldn't have any of it, and I'm glad now Smiley tongue

• Amanda
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This does not count until I was back.

But - everyone LOVES him. And since EVERYONE hated my ex it was refreshing. There actually is not a single person in my life that does not find something in common with him and love him. One of my best friends is single at the moment, and she calls us a "threesome" because we do everything together....and he doesn't even mind.

My Mom loves him, my Dad would probably rather hangout with him than me.

Good situation all around.

• Meaggan
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Meaggan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My family and friends liked him as much as I did and still do
  • C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Happy but reserved. I'd had a few failed relationships so they didn't want to get too attached. But once they saw how truly happy I was, they were ecstatic!
  • Lindsay
    Curious December 2016 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My best friend was pretty jealous as she felt left out a bit ( again we were only 18/19). Now her and Dennis are best friends too, thankfully !
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm glad to hear he's become such a big part of the family! Smiley heart I'm sure that must have been really important to you! You should participate in these discussions:

6 sweet brides and grooms with their kids

Kids: before or after marriage?

I'm sure many brides would love to have your opinion on this! Smiley smile What was your daughters' reaction at first?

• Rory
    Frequent user August 2017 British Columbia
    Rory ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone was really shcoked to see us together as adults, all my friends from when i was young remeber my obsession with him, so im sure everyone got a pretty big kick out of it. And of course my adult girlfriends all new the stories!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm happy to hear that Dionne Smiley smile It might have brought different reactions but in the end it makes you see who you really want around you on your special day. How many bridesmaids will you have? Smiley smile

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I kept my personal life fairly personal for a while. We weren't sure about long term at first and I had 3 girls who were my priorty but as time went by my family welcomed him and I was more concerned how my daughters felt. My friends were a bit concerned initially but I'm me and my choice is mine. Everyone loves him to death now... Smiley smile
  • Dionne
    Beginner May 2023 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did have three friends who didn't want me with him and they rather me go back to my ex boyfriend who actually cheated on me with my own bestfriend and some random girl he knew but I barely knew. I didn't feel anything for him because my heart belonged to the man I am with right now and I couldn't see myself without him now. The rest of my friends were absolutely amazingly happy for me and they were even more excited to learn they're gonna be in my wedding party
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends loved him! I had dated quite a few guys over the years but they could see that he was special and that we were truly perfect for each other! They were very happy that we'd found each other!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Everyone was shocked, some were upset for a little bit. The reason is because I had dated his best friend first and he had dated mine first... Everything's okay now!
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone loves him and I think he might be the first of my boyfriends that anyone liked at all. My friends in university used to joke that if there was poor choice for a boyfriend (edited I believe the word started with an A) I within 50 miles I would meet him and fall madly in love with him. This is likely why my longest relationship prior to FH was 6 months. At this point I think my parents love FH more than they love me lol!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All my friends were happy for me, they didn't know him all that well so they wanted to meet him! As soon as they did they thought he was respectful and a gentleman and whenever they would see us together they would say "awhhhh" because we were "cute together" as they liked to say!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My friends were very happy and liked him instantly. They said that we are so god together!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My friends were all interested to meet my new interest- but like my parents were a bit skeptical about how long it might last. I don't blame them! But here we are today, and everyone gets along well

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics