Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Frequent user November 2021 Ontario

What was the most difficult diy for your wedding?

Racheal, on April 10, 2019 at 12:14 Posted in DIY 0 17

For those who have already tied the knot, is there anything you wish you hadn't decided to DIY?

For those who are soon-to-be married, is there any DIY project you're dreading?

Smiley ring

17 Comments

Latest activity by Donna Yeung, on April 20, 2019 at 02:02
  • Donna Yeung
    Devoted August 2018 British Columbia
    Donna Yeung ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wish I didn't make my own invites. They turned out beautifully, but they were a pain and took so much of my own time since I also had to learn calligraphy to handwrite 150 envelopes for 300 guests... It also didn't save us much money since my invites were done in gold foil. If i could do it again, I would have just gone to vistaprint.

• Erin
    Super May 2022 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What did you use them for? I like that shade of blue.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I spray painted flower pots our wedding colours. They came out uneven (spray painting really is an art in itself!) I ended up tying tulle boys around them. I wish I would've just kept them silver and still tied the bows around them.

Painted pot. Can't really see the uneven lines in this picture. Kind of on the left side, bottom ridge.

What was the most difficult diy for your wedding? 1

With the bow

What was the most difficult diy for your wedding? 2

• Allison
    Frequent user June 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are DIY-ing a lot of stuff now that I think of it.

I think the hardest one was the bouquets, I am not a flower person nor had I ever created something remotely similar before our attempt at the bouquets. I am very thankful I had my maid of honour and bridal party there to help. That is one I wouldn't have been able to finish on my own.

I work as a graphic designer so naturally I had to make my own stationary and signage although it has been tough to just to be the one to make the final decision and be my own critic.

Just take into consideration how much time things take and get your DIY and decor things done as far out as possible from the wedding deadline and commit to those decisions to save yourself stress and last minute substitutes down the road.

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You're BRAVE AF! I hope it turns out just as beautiful as you've imagined!

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our chair decorations are proving to be difficult but that might just be because my FH hot glued them all wrong Smiley tongue

We are putting together stems or artificial ivy vines and wisteria together with some loose tulle to bundle and put on the chairs that are along the aisle.

• Robyn
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Robyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had thought I'd be diying a lot, but as of right now, the only things I'm doing are t-shirts for my FH's bachelor vacation, the menus/programs/signs, and the "Just Married" sign for the car.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Open bar = seating plan a MUST!! lol

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love this, it sounds so special! My letter would be like, "stop being a butt, I love you"; so I'm not sure how effective it would be. LOL

• Seleena
    Super September 2019 British Columbia
    Seleena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've been working on a wax paper backdrop for a couple weeks now. I started out strong, but now I'm only doing a few strands per day. I am 55 strands in out of about 110. It is insanely tedious, and I have 3 cats who love to eat my string lol. Also, because it is SO large, I am just storing the strands in a box for now so they are all numbered an organized. I won't see the finished product until the day of the wedding when I put it all together.

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

In our ceremony there will be a part where we will have letters written to each other, along with a bottle of wine that we will lock in a box together. The idea is to open this when you have your first fight and read the letters you have written to each other, but we are going to save it for our first anniversary

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

QQ: what is a wine box ceremony?

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

THESE. ARE. GORGEOUS.

Smiley heart

• R
    Racheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right? My FH doesn't understand seating charts and why they're needed. I told him just to trust me on it. ESPECIALLY with an open bar!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m designing all my own stationary/signage which is a big task, but this way I can design something I know I like! One thing I’m dreading is the seating chart in general and getting everyone at tables with other people they’d get along with!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I haven't done any yet - but I plan on making my own signs (my FH is a carpenter so I will be using his abilities to the max.), and I will also be trying to DIY my wedding shoes!! This is my inspo for them:

What was the most difficult diy for your wedding? 3

I have my wedge shoes but I need to glitter them all up (couldn't find any purple/blue ombre sparkle shoes anywhere so Imma make my own!)

• Casey
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Personally, I am not a huge DIYer. I can be artsy/ creative, but it would take a lot of work lol. The only thing I am DIYing, is a wine box for our wine box ceremony. Amazon has one put together, and I am just going to basically stain it and put our name and date on the top. Something simple.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics