Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What was most important to you when choosing your officiant?

Joey, on January 13, 2018 at 14:05 Posted in Wedding ceremony 0 9

Was it difficult for you to choose your wedding officiant? Did you meet many professionals before you were able to decide who was right for your ceremony? What were the important questions you asked when you were narrowing down your search? What topped your must-have list when you were choosing your perfect officiant? How has your officiant helped your personalize the ceremony to you and your partner?

What was most important to you when choosing your officiant? 1

Photo by Wedding Officiant Canada in Toronto

9 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 24, 2018 at 11:39
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did find an officiant that had met us in person and went through our day. What we wanted to include (opening, poem, vows and closing) our choice of the packages provided.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We contacted a company that would travel to our location. We ensured that we could have them in attendance while our friend performed the actual ceremony. We connected a few times via Skype with our officiant and she was really lovely and had a bubbly personality. No regrets!

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our officiant married my sister and brother-in-law and is actually his godmother, so it was a pretty easy choice. I just wanted to make sure it was legally binding!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance used to live in his basement suite! It was a natural decision for us!

• Kait
    Beginner October 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    For my FH and I looked for someone who lined up with our personal values-non religious, Non discriminatory against same sex weddings, and honestly as awful as it sounds- appearance. This person will be in your ceremony pics so I'd prefer someone who's put together( a friends wedding the officiant looked so disheveled the whole ceremony we were so distracted being concerned if they were ok lol they were it's just how the rolled) 🤷‍♀️
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our officiant plays soccer with my FH and he had married multiple other couples from the soccer team haha. Its kinda like tradition now that anyone on the soccer team who gets married uses him. I think we will be couple number 5 or something.
  • Kait
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Kait ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going with the gentleman who was my fiancé’s youth pastor back when he was younger. My fiancé wasn’t sure if he still had a license to perform weddings, but after a quick chat he was super excited to find out he did, so we booked him right away. It was a really easy decision for us to make.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I find it so hard. We cannot meet any officiant as we don’t live in the province we are getting married in and it’s just too confusing to me.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly ours came naturally. He is a pastor of the church we are getting married at (and have seen him d other weddings, and been to some of his services) so we just naturally picked him. It was a quite easy process for us.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics