Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What was most important to you when choosing your DJ or band?

Joey, on January 30, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding reception 0 7

Music helps set the tone of your reception, and is an integral part of your wedding. You need to feel confident that the person in charge will set the right mood, play your featured songs at the right times, and keep your guests entertained all night. There are many important questions to ask any potential DJ or band before you hire them to ensure you're on the same page. What was most important factor for you when choosing your DJ or band?

What was most important to you when choosing your DJ or band? 1

Photo by Beau Strings Co. in Vancouver

7 Comments

Latest activity by Carol, on January 31, 2018 at 18:57
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a horrible Dj for our stag and doe, he was so bad. Would not listen to me or my FH. then he had enough nerve to try to convince me to have him for our wedding.. NOT!!! What is important to me for a DJ, someone who listens to the wedding couple and guests.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted someone we liked. That was the main thing.

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having my sisters friend ‘DJ’ for us just by playing a playlist we make off of Spotify! It saves a lot for cost, and we know we will for sure enjoy what’s playing!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We opted to be our own DJ. We created several playlists for different points in the evening and it was a bunch of fun! We not only saved money but really personalized the music for our event.

• Stephanie
    Frequent user May 2018 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The packages they offered, and their reviews for sure.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Definitely good reputation and somebody who we've heard play before so we see how they engage with the guests.

• Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to choose someone with a good reputation! My friend hired a dj who literally played music from his iPhone and their first dance got interrupted by a call!

I chose someone who was hired for another family wedding, so I knew he was good!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics